T-Storms 6.28.20

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Could you ship some up here, please? I have had zero hundredths of an inch cumulative in the past four weeks. I have animals to feed, and I'm out of grass.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I hated doing hail claims on cars.....
Had a few hail claims during the past 1-2 years, I was amazed at how reasonable the dentless repairs came out to be. When I saw my neighbor’s car, hundreds of tiny little dents on hood, roof, trunk, I thought it was gonna be big bucks. It wasn‘t and the repair came out great.

Did a ranch vacation in Montana last summer and saw real hail damage... the car looked like it had been shot up (older car, never got repaired). Never seen anything like it, dents the size of a quarter, inch deep, some broke thru metal.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just got a pic from Norwood: water above the armrests on the patio chairs, just below the table top, water just about to the top of the wheel wells on the car. Looks like it’s up to the 3rd step on the stairs. Also just heard Norwood Hospital is flooded and evacuating patients.

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In the last twenty minutes, a thundershower formed 3 miles to my south, and at the same time another 3 miles to my north, both moving due east. Not a drop here. Maybe there is a deity, and he doesn't like me.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Had a few hail claims during the past 1-2 years, I was amazed at how reasonable the dentless repairs came out to be. When I saw my neighbor’s car, hundreds of tiny little dents on hood, roof, trunk, I thought it was gonna be big bucks. It wasn‘t and the repair came out great.

Did a ranch vacation in Montana last summer and saw real hail damage... the car looked like it had been shot up (older car, never got repaired). Never seen anything like it, dents the size of a quarter, inch deep, some broke thru metal.
Can a Hail claim have a negative impact on the insurance?

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I hated doing hail claims on cars.....
Remember that hail storm that hit the MetroWest area about 5 years ago ???
Thousands of new cars and customer cars sitting on dealership lots were damaged, the insurance companies even set up tents in parking lots to handle the abundance of claims.

Back in the mid 90's a friend of mine got caught in a severe hail storm in Alabama, in addition to all the dents, the back window of his car got shattered. The insurance company wrote his car off as a total and paid him full value for it. He really didn't want to get another car, so he bought it back for $250, replaced the rear window for another few hundred, and continued to drive the car for several more years. He didn't care what it looked like because he lived in a crappy neighborhood anyway.

That’s some serious hail.
You call that hail ???

This is hail:

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We had 2 bolts hit a water tower about 500 feet from our house.... my ears will be ringing for a couple of days.
Might want to lay on some listed homeowners computer insurance if you get hit that close. I lost two TVs and a comp in spite of an UPS and guaranteed line spike protection over a few years.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Remember that hail storm that hit the MetroWest area about 5 years ago ???
Thousands of new cars and customer cars sitting on dealership lots were damaged, the insurance companies even set up tents in parking lots to handle the abundance of claims.
If that is the one I remember, it came thru Merto west, hit Waltham and Arlington hard, then skipped over a bunch of real estate and reformed on the North Shore... Newburyport area.

I got pulled out of the Merrimack Valley and sent to Waltham and Arlington for a couple of days, in addition to my area that went from Methuen to Salisbury and over to Rockport/Gloucester and down to Essex....

I went to Mirak to look at some cars .

A PDR company had leased 10 bays and were going wild on cars... interesting process I wish I had time to watch them do it.... PDR is a real art.

The Dent Wizard pricing matrix is based on coin sizes, I brought a BIG jar of coins with me and still didn't have enough to do some cars all at once.

Once you got to a certain point you just gave up and replaced the hoods and trunk lids, but roofs are incredibly time consuming to replace, and luckily Dent Wizard put their A level guys on the roof panels.. I had a Suburu up at Shepard's AB in Newburyport that got sublet to DW and it came pack perfect.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
60   1   0
Might want to lay on some listed homeowners computer insurance if you get hit that close. I lost two TVs and a comp in spite of an UPS and guaranteed line spike protection over a few years.
If you have a decent UPS, check what the UPS offers as insurance coverage. I've seen numbers as high as $50K worth of damage coverage on some.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ballsy, outdoors on an elevated platform with metal hand rails during an epic thunder storm. I've done that in the past--it's scary.

Crazy how the lightning was everywhere. Heard a thunder clap that sounded like it was right outside my balcony. Never heard one that loud before. Scared the sh*t out of me as it seemingly came out of nowhere. Car alarms in a 2 block radius started going off.

45BPCR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had some good ones roll through Hampton NH yesterday afternoon and then again this morning around 2AM.
Watched a Ben Franklin wanna-be flying a kite on the beach during the afternoon storms.
I managed to shoot this off the deck around 2:30 this morning.
There was some great bolts out over the ocean.

lightning-2.jpg

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Saw the videos of the flood washing the CHAZ barriers down some street in Norwood. Shoulda done the same thing in Seattle. ;)

Top Bottom