T&G poll: Should MA enable judges to remove guns?

Let's hit this. It says it ends in about 1 hour
55%Yes, Pass ERPO bill
45%No, on Gun/MentalHealth
5r67mifzxU-.png

This poll ends in about an hour
Undo Vote
254 Votes

It said when I voted that it was only going to be open for an hour more so it probably should be open a little longer but maybe it started to go in the direction they didn't want so they closed it early.

Can’t your local police chief already do this on a whim? Who needs a judge?

Yes they can and do with or without a judge's OK. At least ever since 1998 chiefs have had this legal ability.

Where do I vote on to remove judges? Or at least make them elected positions?

Careful what you wish for. CT had elected judges when I lived there in the early 1970s. You got to vote either Dem or Rep, no names so you have no clue who you just voted for or what their agenda might be.

What a weasel-worded poll "No on gun/mental health"

That's not the question; the question is really whether a judge should be able to remove a gun from a person who's committed no crime... and it the root is whether a nation of tattletales and NIMBYs have the right to get law abiding strangers tied up in court based on rumors, grudges, or disagreements - regardless of the outcome.

Shows how ill informed people are. There’s a much easier way in MA for .gov to take your guns but people want the feel good harder way too.

Yes they can and do with or without a judge's OK. At least ever since 1998 chiefs have had this legal ability.

Careful what you wish for. CT had elected judges when I lived there in the early 1970s. You got to vote either Dem or Rep, no names so you have no clue who you just voted for or what their agenda might be.

Back
Top Bottom