T&G editorial, my head just exploded

Everyone should read the T&G editorial today on the gun control hearings. I can't believe what I read... An actual opinion that firearms and their owners should not be demonized and the criminal element should be held accountable. That's crazy talk for a newspaper!

I actually might have read a thoughtful, honest assessment of the current situation and no "for the children" or BS statistics were quoted. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...

A call to arms - Worcester Telegram & Gazette - telegram.com

Check out house 3264, seems decent, no way it will pass

Everyone should read the T&G editorial today on the gun control hearings. I can't believe what I read... An actual opinion that firearms and their owners should not be demonized and the criminal element should be held accountable. That's crazy talk for a newspaper!

I actually might have read a thoughtful, honest assessment of the current situation and no "for the children" or BS statistics were quoted. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop...

A call to arms - Worcester Telegram & Gazette - telegram.com

Check out house 3264, seems decent, no way it will pass

I read it and thought I was in bizzaro world. Aside from the health information not a bad article

Are we overlooking the part where they're essentially calling for Mass to be submitting all of the mental health records to the

Secondarily, we remain puzzled why Massachusetts still does not routinely forward mental health information to the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System. Taking advantage of existing resources should be a given, and it should not require a new law to do so.

Gun rights groups and gun control advocates may not agree on much, but surely they can agree that firearms of all kinds should be kept out of the hands of those with mental illness. And surely rules can be written to recognize the differences between those who may have sought counseling at one time or another, and those for whom mental illness is an ongoing or lifelong struggle.

Does that mean the person who goes to unload because they're going through a tough time is now not an "approved" person because they sought out a mental health professional

SUre, the start is good, the ending is OK but in the middle, the devil may well be in the details

Great comments too, only one moonbat in the bunch and he got slapped down pretty quick. [laugh]

This is interesting:

Oldsoldier wrote:
I was there. I wasn't part of an organized panel that was coached, said their thing, then left. I stayed until 5:15. I spoke for 2 minutes. I read off a dozen cases that were dismissed by the state, in Worcester ONLY, in the past 6 months. I had 59 cases. All were convicted felons. All were carrying illegal firearms in the commission of other felonies. All had the firearms charges dismissed. I asked one simple question: who are these proposed laws actually targeting? Surely not criminals-they arent being convicted of these now!!!
WE ALL want crime to be reduced. However, people think law abiding citizens with guns are the bad guys. We are not. We are just as concerned about crime as anyone else. The difference is, these proposed laws only affect US. Not criminals, not those who dont own firearms. They affect us, and us alone. And, that is not right.

Yup, we need more laws because the current ones are ineffective. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom