• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

T Day

SS1

Bought my first Shotgun yesterday, A Mossberg 500 combo field/deer
What would be the best loads and choke for Turkey
Still trying to get a handle on all the ins and outs of a shot gun
Thank You

Loaded question. Congrats on the gun.
I'm a fan of Winchester long beard in 5.
Also the turkey chokes I've gotten cheap and decently expensive have mostly patterned the same for me

Thank You
Have been watching vids on Turkey hunting, And it seems like a sit and wait game
Now everytime one crosses the road I want to floor it
But the last time I hit a turkey with my truck it took out the whole grill and was lucky the supports kept it from the radiator

Thank You
Have been watching vids on Turkey hunting, And it seems like a sit and wait game
Now everytime one crosses the road I want to floor it
But the last time I hit a turkey with my truck it took out the whole grill and was lucky the supports kept it from the radiator
On the cape they are all yard birds

turkey choke with TSS.... although pricey and hard to find right now. TSS is the shit for dropping gobblers.

Camo is key. I find that most guys use some sort of woodland. I go for the bright yellow of Hoo-Mee Chow Mein boxes and the blue of Prince Spaghetti keeps me pretty well camo'd as I stalk into the butcher section of Hannaford's. Don't hunt on Tuesday - it's Senior Day - they just get in the way.

Back
Top Bottom