• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Syrian military base was just attacked

I hope it isn't the US. And I hope that we're not being drawn into more strikes like I'm hearing on the news.

The idea of saying "we beat ISIS, you guys figure the rest out, we're going home" seems to be the best possible outcome for the US. Russia, as longtime allies of Syria have an actual plan and reason to be there. While we've been a long critic of the Assad regime, there is no way that we can fight Assad without becoming allies with factions that are even worse. There is no way for us to win - we will wind up arming our enemies, looking confused and appearing to be changing our minds at every second as the other players change their alliances.

Israel. They are the ones that benefit from the chemical attack. Bigger question was who did the chemical attack as I would bet money it wasn’t Bashar. My guess is either the Saudi’s, or Israel since they benefit the most as long as this sh*t show continues

Israel. They are the ones that benefit from the chemical attack. Bigger question was who did the chemical attack as I would bet money it wasn’t Bashar. My guess is either the Saudi’s, or Israel since they benefit the most as long as this sh*t show continues
Agree, Syria had essentially beat ISIS, why would they gas their own people? Only makes sense when you ask who benefits.

The Iraq War: In the beginning was the lie | DW | 09.04.2018

Codename 'Curveball'

In 1999 the Iraqi chemist Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi came to Germany as a refugee. Alerted to his presence, Germany's foreign intelligence service (the BND) interrogated him. They were hoping for information about Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction. Al-Janabi — referred to by his codename, "Curveball" — realized that the more information he provided, the more his status improved. He was given a German passport, money and his own apartment.

This continued until the BND tracked down al-Janabi's former boss, who picked apart his web of lies. The German intelligence services then informed their American partners of this development. Nonetheless, there was renewed interest in "Curveball" after the attacks of September 11, 2001. Citing former BND head August Hanning, the daily newspaper Die Welt reported in August 2011 that the Americans had demanded a binding commitment from the Germans in 2001 assuring that Curveball's statements were correct. Hanning refused to provide it, writing instead to the head of the CIA, George Tenet, "attempts to verify the information have been unsuccessful" and that it "must therefore be considered unconfirmed."

Despite other, more explicit warnings about the veracity of Curveball's testimony, it became the centerpiece of Powell's war propaganda. Ray McGovern is certain: "They didn't care whether Curveball knew what he was talking about. What they had was something they could put on the record, that they could give to these very imaginative and very professional graphics people working for the CIA, and they in turn could render drawings of these nonexistent mobile chemical weapons labs, which of course they did and which Colin Powell featured during his speech."

Dearlove later spoke of a meeting in Washington just beforehand with the head of the CIA, George Tenet: "Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy." Foreign Minister Straw rightfully objected that "the case was thin. Saddam was not threatening his neighbors, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran."

And Attorney General Goldsmith is on record as saying that "the desire for regime change was not a legal base for military action." None of these reservations, however, stopped Blair from going to war in the interests of the "special relationship" between the US and the UK.

and of course ass hat Lindsey Graham is on Fox and friends this morning, the war hawk, I'd love to see his portfolio.
Must be 80% military and weapons stocks, this guy loves war.

Our media:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...ian-monitors-say-14-killed-in-air-base-strike

Russian media:
Путин обсудил с Эрдоганом ситуацию в Думе и Восточной Гуте: Даже противник Асада из Анкары не верит в химические атаки правительственных войск.

Transl.:
Putin was evaluating situation in Syria with Erdogan. Even the enemy of Asad from Ankara does not believe in chemical attack from Asad's military.

Israeli media:
Russia outs Israel, says two Israeli fighter jets struck Iranian base in Syria

The Russian military said on Monday that two Israeli F-15 war planes carried out airstrikes on a Syrian air base near Homs on Sunday, the Interfax news agency reported. Activists said that 14 people were killed in the strike, including Iranians.

Interfax cited the Russian Defense Ministry as saying the Israeli war planes had carried out the strikes from Lebanese air space. The Russian ministry said that Syrian air defense systems had shot down five of eight missiles fired, while the other three landed in the western part of the base. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said Monday that the strike was "a dangerous development."

The station quoted "Russian experts" in Syria as saying that the strike was an Israeli reaction to the understandings reached between Russia, Iran and Turkey in a summit in Ankara last week. They added that Israel was acting as the long arm of the U.S., which has not wanted to attack Syria directly in order not to provoke Russia. The sources said that the attack was coordinated between Israel and the U.S.

Last edited:
and of course ass hat Lindsey Graham is on Fox and friends this morning, the war hawk, I'd love to see his portfolio.
Must be 80% military and weapons stocks, this guy loves war.

We should draft one of Graham’s relatives to go in, he would change his mind immediately

I'm not 100% on Assad didn't do it. Yes, doing it openly is bad press, but at this point not everyone believes that he did it. Turkey has it's own plans on Syria, they are not an impartial observer. Add to that that there are bazillion factions who are into various beliefs, like only raping tiger striped goats on Friday and they fight everyone who does it on Sunday (because inshallah, that's blasphemy!) so it's too convoluted.

Gassing people with chlorine is effective. Awesome terror factor, brutal, flows and stays into basements where people hide, kills slowly. There is a good reason why these chemical weapons are banned, they work great, sucks for victims.

Does anyone gain by sucking the US back into this? Like I said, if we bow out gracefully with "ISIS is not Ain'tAin't, you guys figure out the rest" - it gets us out of the way.

Or is making us look bad an end into itself?

Now we have to attack Syria, which means we go after the Russians. But the Russians are being fought by Al Qaeda, which means we have to make up with AQ to fight the Syrians/Russians, until we turn our back and AQ attacks us, then we attack them, which means we're helping Syrians/Russians.....

ouch

"If you really believe that Assad, who just finished kicking 99% of ISIS out of his entire country and staved off a full scale invasion by the US, would all of the sudden gas his own people knowing the consequences, you are a special kind of idiot." -Henry Makow retweet

Attachments

• syia.png
    syia.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 27
A week ago Trump says "We're leaving Syria..."
This weekend Assad drops stink bombs.
Sounds like Assad doesn't want us to leave...

Sounds like someone sure doesn't want us to leave....

Lol. They're gonna find out that Wolfowitz, Rumsfield and Haliburton did the bombing...

iu

Are you for real? Israel attacked Syria (or anyone else) with gas?! Are you sure your morning drink is not expired?

Ask the dancing Israelis, they observed and partied both towers being hit.

You should also check the exp. date on your morning drink. You are confusing with the Palestinians in Gaza. Israelis did not dance in the streets on 9/11.

And please, both of you, spare me with your Liberty response which is of course expected.

Are you for real? Israel attacked Syria (or anyone else) with gas?! Are you sure your morning drink is not expired?

You should also check the exp. date on your morning drink. You are confusing with the Palestinians in Gaza. Israelis did not dance in the streets on 9/11.

And please, both of you, spare me with your Liberty response which is of course expected.

Do I need to send you links for the dancing Israelis? You're either misinformed about this, or you're not being honest. Oh. and the dancing Palestinian video we were shown was an older video that pre dated 9/11. Propaganda at its best.

Glad you mentioned the USS Liberty, maybe you can explain why Israelis knowingly attacked a United States ship killing American servicemen? Spare us the "they didn't know it was a US Ship" routine. Fully 100% debunked.

Do I need to send you links for the dancing Israelis? You're either misinformed about this, or you're not being honest. Oh. and the dancing Palestinian video we were shown was an older video that pre dated 9/11. Propaganda at its best.

Please do and make sure it proves beyond any doubt these are Israelis and that it was taken on 9/11 after 9 am EDT.

In regards to your other question (Liberty) - it was discussed in details in this forum. You can use the Search option.

Please do and make sure it proves beyond any doubt these are Israelis and that it was taken on 9/11 after 9 am EDT.

In regards to your other question (Liberty) - it was discussed in details in this forum. You can use the Search option.
Lol, so you're taking the 5th on the USS Liberty, and maybe the copwho arrested them isn't valid enough?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XHm56O2NTI

Yeah, you really wanna take a second look at the expiry date of that drink of yours.

It's more comfortable not to talk about the dancing Israelis/Mossad agents who wtached both planes hit the towers...and celebrate. It's easier to sweep the USS Liberty under the rug. It's easy to re-use fake anti-Palestinian propaganda that was later found to pre-date 9/11. I get it. Your allegiance lies outside the the US borders.

I can't list all the combatants in Syria, no one can list who all those combatants support and why, aside from major players there are many smaller groups that try to further their agenda. We can talk all we want, but I doubt that any of us actually know what the hell is exactly going on there, or what did went on.

There are conflicting reports all around from media in this country and other countries. I really hope that Trump would have a f***ing clue, like some serious foreign intelligence dudes who actually did the research and not f***ing googled MSNBC for an opinion and act on it. Is it too much to expect, we pay unknown amount of money to really know what's going on there and act with American interest in mind. I hope, but that's pretty much all I got at the moment.

I can't list all the combatants in Syria, no one can list who all those combatants support and why, aside from major players there are many smaller groups that try to further their agenda. We can talk all we want, but I doubt that any of us actually know what the hell is exactly going on there, or what did went on.

There are conflicting reports all around from media in this country and other countries. I really hope that Trump would have a f***ing clue, like some serious foreign intelligence dudes who actually did the research and not f***ing googled MSNBC for an opinion and act on it. Is it too much to expect, we pay unknown amount of money to really know what's going on there and act with American interest in mind. I hope, but that's pretty much all I got at the moment.

That’s the way I see it as well,
Syria is gang fight meeting spot on a Friday nite ,

Muslims there hate Russia, US and A , and Israel.

So let’s go to the source, drop a Moab on Iran and tell them to cut the s##t.

It's more comfortable not to talk about the dancing Israelis/Mossad agents who wtached both planes hit the towers...and celebrate. It's easier to sweep the USS Liberty under the rug. It's easy to re-use fake anti-Palestinian propaganda that was later found to pre-date 9/11. I get it. Your allegiance lies outside the the US borders.

Then I suppose your allegiance, based on your recent response, lies with the Palestinians.

At least my common sense is still with me whereas yours seems to have departed.

Here you go.

Want more, sir?

What ABC News Footage Shows of 9/11 Celebrations

When I comes to Syria it's all about a natural gas pipe line going to europe. That's why Putin is there making sure he supplies europe. Uk is the only country who can pull off this to keep us in that shut hole

Back
Top Bottom