Synergy Shootout

Yes I remember seeing that in the rules the first year. But I also remember seeing alot of non-duty weapons being used. Last year, I am pretty sure the stipulation was duty type weapons, but no race guns. I think I will use my G19, same as last year. My agency does not allow us to take home our duty weapons under any circumstance........

Ahhhh got it, i wasnt trying to be a jerk, just pissed me off to see guns that clearly are t duty guns. If that was the case, i'd use my 24C

Not that it matters what gun I use, that guy from the FBI is gonna whoop our asses anyway. Man, watching him was like seeing a fine tuned machine, he's good.

"Yes we will, probably in September. I'll send you the date as soon as I have it. Thanks for you're interest.
Jay b"

Reply to my email from yesterday.

Thanks fsusoldier.

Now the wait for September begins, seems such a long way away. Do any of you guys know of any other LE type competitions coming up?

Hey guys, hope everyone's been doing well. I emailed Synergy a few weeks ago and got the same response as fsusoldier. I was looking forward to it being held late spring again, September will be sweltering, like 2010. Don't know of any LE only matches, I've been shooting IDPA about once a month, there isn't much in the way of competitions up this way.

Has anybody changed actual duty guns since last year? My 9mm 1911 sucked on those big steel poppers last year, bugged the shit out of me so I decided to get a .45. A couple of months ago I bought a FNP-45 Tactical, we have quals and training next month and I'll be switching over to the new gun then.

It is not "tactical" like IDPA. Many different divisions just like IDPA so you can shoot what you have. Stages are similar but the rules are different and the round counts are higher. Harvard does a USPSA practice every Wednesday night around 4:30 or so, you should come out and try it.

Holy cow! There are some shooters from Maine who come down for the USPSA matches. I'm shooting a match this morning, I'll ask if they do any practices at their clubs that you could go to.

Back
Top Bottom