• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Switching Digital Keypad to Mechanical Lock

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Been debating back and forth and decided I want to swap out the didital pad for a mechanical lock. Anybody have a locksmith in the Bridgewater area they would reccomend and best guess on what I am looking for pricewise?

ETA: For a safe.

Last edited:
I’ve always preferred mechanical for real safes some of the crap ones I have around are electronic for easy access.
It depends on what kind of the purpose of the safe.

All I know is every fingerprint scanner I have sucks. Not that that’s wrong with this current safe that I was going to use for work. But now I’m locked out. I gotta cut it open to get my revolver out.

Typically I put the spare key from one safe and into another safe.

No idea where the key is this thing with something I was gonna throw away anyway figured I’d use it. Change the battery on it put the gun in it now I can’t get into it.

You would need more info on the safe, for lock recommendations S&G’s are pretty cheap..
Depends on the level of security are looking.

Somewhere on here there is an amazing thread about locksmithing and locks.

Hanover Lock was my first thought.
On route 53 by Advannce Auto.
They have been there for decades.
I’ve used them for locks and keys, but not safes. They have a showroom with safes, so might work on them too.

Back
Top Bottom