Swiss K31 Rifle ???

I took it to the range today and was thoroughly impressed with it. Surprisingly gentle recoil. And I removed the butt plate to find the tag with the original owners name :)

I have a blast with my K'31 with more than simply GP-11 fodder...

Not 7.5x55, but these bullets get loaded into 7.5x55mm also...

It took about a week or so for the rifle to be shipped. Their site said my order was "processing" for about a week before it said "completed".

It took about a week or so for the rifle to be shipped. Their site said my order was "processing" for about a week before it said "completed".

That's happening with mine. Just happened with the two M44's I just took delivery of today through my LGS. Took two weeks from placing the order to bringing them home. It's just surprising since everything I ordered last year was shipped and delivered in less than a week. I wonder if half the staff is on vacation in Florida or something. [hmmm]

That's happening with mine. Just happened with the two M44's I just took delivery of today through my LGS. Took two weeks from placing the order to bringing them home. It's just surprising since everything I ordered last year was shipped and delivered in less than a week. I wonder if half the staff is on vacation in Florida or something. [hmmm]
Depending on their location I have had a few vendors in the "snowbelt" tell me ups and FedEx have refused to pick up because of possibilities of getting stuck. Our parking lot at my job can be tough to get out of. Still not down to asphalt or dirt. A little melt and freeze and all but the best tire 4x4s need help getting out. Especially the box trucks. Which now just park in the street and unload fast.

I love my K31's, I like the design of the bolts coming straight back and they're extremely accurate milsurps. Be sure to check under the buttplate for the address of the original soldier who carried it. Cool piece of history.

Love my K-31. The bolt has got to be one of the coolest, Swiss watch-y things about this fine rifle, next to the best trigger EVER produced in a war time production, soldiers rifle. Smooth, sweet pull-to-break, made better by that double crescent trigger angle that almost feels like a straight pull trigger, in compliment with the bolt. (Add that Swiss Army Cross on Shield logo and it's love at first sight).
I was going to add in the factoid about the original issuees name being written on mylar, under the butt plate, but smarter people beat me to it.
I will add that, the "beaver" chewed effect on the stocks, comes from the soldiers kicking their rifles free from snow banks while wearing crampon footwear.
Seems they would "plant" their rifles in the snow, butt stock first, whilst elsewhere, occupied with warm bodied companions, and upon returning to their firearms, would have to kick them free from the snow drifts in order to retrieve them.
Carry on!

fun at the range today

swiss.jpg

Overall stupid silly pleased with shooting today. I was cold tired and eyes just not doing very well in the bright sun/snow.
I have not had much time with this rifle yet. It shoots a little high at 100 yards. You can see the 3 sighters under the tape.
I was holding center on the black bull on the sighters, for the next 17 shots I was holding 6 oclock still a bit high but the group is fine by me. Its a mix of GP11 and PPU
I tested my reloads after and with the 5 shot group I managed about the same results sub 4"--- my loads where on the light side.

PPU had more of a kick than the GP11 not huge but you could feel it and the muzzle jump was more.

Great rifles great triggers and easy to shoot left handed. My eyes crapped out quickly. by the time I noticed I needed to hold lower it was to late. ( I bumped my spotscope and was looking at the wrong target) The next 3 stages I held with low at 6 with some white between the post and bull.
prone 118, prone rapid 84 sitting rapid 93 offhand 83.

They are a hoot! Shot mine today as well...

I do plan on working up a cast load in mine as well. In the end my 4 main milsurps I would use in cmp games are going to have minute of black bull 200 yard cast loads worked up for each one. im pretty close with the 303 the 1903a3 is giving me fits mosin is getting there. Now this and maybe the 8mm mauser?

Where do you guys buy your ammo? I'm seeing ~.50 a round for the best price

thats about as good as it gets for GP11 my last order was 61 ea shipped I didnt buy much. I bought 120rnds of PPU for the brass at .84 ea shipped
Currently the sources I go to are sold out on both. I will reload for mine. I didnt buy to much of the GP11 as I dont have berdan primers yet.
When im done with my M1 build The next little cash I get to myself I will buy 500 rounds to have on hand and hope to score few hundred more boxer primed cases if they come up on sale again.

Where do you guys buy your ammo? I'm seeing ~.50 a round for the best price

Hmmmm...haven't bought any GP11 ammo in years. I reload about everything I shoot. GP-11 is still out there, I guess, but I've only bought/swapped for brass lately. Get the LRBs from Grafs or Powder Valley and re-use the GP11 brass. Most of my reloads are light cast loads, so it doesn't wear out very quickly.

Can't say I've spent much quality time at 200 yards, but for general plinking and up to 100 meters, the little Lyman 311410 (M1 Carbine bullet) works just fine, plus I have the mold, so it's been my go to bullet. KISS...plain base, low velocities, small powder charge; pretty hard to beat, at least for being economical.

As for 8mm, I don't have any bullet molds, but I've been able to purchase the Saeco 190 gr bullet at an upstate gun shop.

Last edited:
Hmmmm...haven't bought any GP11 ammo in years. I reload about everything I shoot. GP-11 is still out there, I guess, but I've only bought/swapped for brass lately. Get the LRBs from Grafs or Powder Valley and re-use the GP11 brass. Most of my reloads are light cast loads, so it doesn't wear out very quickly.

Can't say I've spent much quality time at 200 yards, but for general plinking and up to 100 meters, the little Lyman 311410 (M1 Carbine bullet) works just fine, plus I have the mold, so it's been my go to bullet. KISS...plain base, low velocities, small powder charge; pretty hard to beat, at least for being economical.

I just hate the hazmat fee on small order of primers. Been looking for other berdan loaders to split a,large order? Believe me I will have my inexpensive gallery loads dialed in too. I have a nice little 50 yard load for my mosin. Great tin can blasting. Plain base I use the not so pretty bullets that drop from my mold. Great for kids too. I'm using trailboss and 2400 right now. I prefer powders that are more bulky and fill the case more.

Last edited:
Just picked up three of the charging clips at the Wilmington show today. And one of the vendors had one for sale for about $359. I was amazed at how much lighter it is vs. a Mosin. This would have provided a huge tactical advantage carrying a rifle that didn't wear out the soldier carrying it.

My first one finally shipped yesterday, and I called that place with the stuff and talked to their customer service rep yesterday. She said they had 253 remaining of rifles without bayos, and 13 rifles with matching number bayos. Apparently if you order the rifle and bayo and ask for hand select, they were picking from that group. So after the Wilmington show I placed my order for two more rifles and bayos, and in the process of checking out I discovered that my freakin' credit card was once again compromised. The order was declined, yet I had plenty of available balance to buy them.

So I called Citi and spoke with the nice woman in fraud protection. She told me that someone tried to charge a $2000 airline ticket on 3/3. UGH. But I told her what I was doing, so she turned the card on again, I completed my purchase for the K31's, and then she shut it off again and cancelled the card. SWEET! The new CC should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

More companies really need to make PayPal an option for buying stuff.

And I told a friend after and he had a good idea. He has his bank issue him a new card with a new number every year.

Anyway, the first one should be here next week, and the two additional ones should be here in two weeks at the most. WOO HOO

Got my first cleaning kit and bayonet today.

Bayo--handle wood is perfect. Some slight wear of metal, black paint on scabbard is worn a bit. Elsener Schwyz mfg. Very impressed. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of this.

Cleaning kit has been used, but is complete and is very clean and well cared for.

Wherever these came from, they were treated with care. Can't wait to see the condition of the rifle.

Edit: The cleaning kit even comes with the grease. The containers are almost full. Looks like I'll have a lifetime supply for each rifle!

Last edited:
Just got my walnut K31 today. Very nice war time rifle from 1943. No paperwork under the butt. Nice looking wood that has typical dings and dents. Very nice action to it. Very happy! Got a sling and muzzle cap as well for it.

Yes, very happy with it but their shipping is a little backed up. I'm missing the guzinta's though. [wink]

Picked up mine today. O MY GOD!!!! DAT TRIGGER. What an amazing piece of craftsmanship this thing is. Sweet Mother!

Stock is in amazing condition, no scratches or gouges anywhere. No crampon rash either. Sling is in good shape. Needs some saddle soap and leather oil, but otherwise good. Bluing is great except for the butt plate where it's worn. Didn't check for a troop tag, but didn't ask for one either. Will check tomorrow morning. Action is smooth and like I said, DAT TRIGGER. OOOOOOO.

Got the muzzle cap from another supplier, and the bayonet and cleaning kit from the one we're beating around the bush about. I can't wait to get this out to the range. I'm blown away at how nice this rifle is.

If you're thinking about getting one, just do it. You won't be disappointed.

The triggers are sweet. .best milsurp trigger I think. Nice smooth 1st stage and 2nd stage is light and crisp. Now if it just had better sights.
I may install a target diopter style sights on mine?

Last edited:
My K31 arrived today from AIM (waited about two weeks). I ordered it and forgot about it so the two weeks flew by. Good shape overall. Shinny bore with excellent rifling. Stock is decent and the trigger is amazing for a battle rifle. Made like a swiss watch. Looking forward to firing it

Back
Top Bottom