Swiss K31 Rifle ???

Well, guess I'll order a K31 next week. Might as well do the hand selects too for the troop tag and leather sling. Oh, and they have a nice cleaning kit to go with them. It's only money, right? [smile]

Oh, and what I was saying earlier about how I'm surprised that we get these here. Since Switzerland is one of the few countries in the world where gun ownership is legal, I figured that most Swiss rifles would be made available for Swiss citizens to own first. Like I was saying, I guess the demand for these isn't that great over there, so we get them.

Whatever the case is, it's cool with me.

Simpsons LTD is the largest importer of K31's. Tons and tons in stock. Tiny little import stamp under front barrel.

I have a few K31's and love them!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I mistaken or is there a big increase in the ammo price for 7.5x55 compared to 7.62x54R ?
Maybe I was looking the wrong places.

The GP11 surplus is all brass case, non corrosive & match grade!!!!!!! Also great for reloading with berdam primers.

GP11 is anywhere from $225-$275 for a case of 480 depending where you look.

Privi can also be found in a 500 case for $100 or so more.

Simpsons LTD is the largest importer of K31's. Tons and tons in stock. Tiny little import stamp under front barrel.

I have a few K31's and love them!!!!!

Those little import stamps are from days gone by. The newer imports are billboard style.

Got to order one today. They must still be reeling from the ice and snow of last week. The M44's finally went out yesterday, ordered over a week ago. And the Swiss cleaning kit and bayo haven't been shipped yet. I did the hand select on the rifle, even though a couple of the times I used this option were disappointing. I wrote them a nice note in my order asking them for as perfect wood and bluing I could get, and that if the choice was between a sling and perfect wood and bluing, I'd prefer a great stock and bluing.

I'll let everyone know what happens. If they come through I'll probably get two more.

Last edited:
I have never seen one at a LGS, only online. Anyone know who has some in stock?
Held one at collectors today in Stoneham. Little on the expensive side if I recall. I just applied for my C&R so I'll hold out till I can buy direct. Glad to hear they are good shooters though and that ammo is plentiful. I won't buy something unless I can throw lead down the pipe.

Held one at collectors today in Stoneham. Little on the expensive side if I recall. I just applied for my C&R so I'll hold out till I can buy direct. Glad to hear they are good shooters though and that ammo is plentiful. I won't buy something unless I can throw lead down the pipe.
Stock up on the ammo if you do not reload. I try to get at least 1k rounds with every new cal milsurp I buy.
PPU makes 7.5 Swiss also new brass is out there for reloading also. Really want to extend your ammo availability ..... cast your own bullets.

I will be giving my K31 a run sat march 7th 8am Hanson rod and gun club CMP shoot. I will post my results. Will be using Swiss GP11 for slow fire and ppu for rapids.

Last edited:
Got to order one today. They must still be reeling from the ice and snow of last week. The M44's finally went out yesterday, ordered over a week ago. And the Swiss cleaning kit and bayo haven't been shipped yet. I did the hand select on the rifle, even though a couple of the times I used this option were disappointing. I wrote them a nice note in my order asking them for as perfect wood and bluing I could get, and that if the choice was between a sling and perfect wood and bluing, I'd prefer a great stock and bluing.

I'll let everyone know what happens. If they come through I'll probably get two more.

Dont get your hopes up over the condition of the furniture.......the sides of the K31 stocks were frequently used to pound equally over engineered metal tent stakes into the rocky ground of the swiss alps

There's a story a hear from circa WWII.....paraphrased its something to the effect.....A Swiss General and a German General were talking one day......the German general said "what would you do if the 200,000 troops I have on your border were to attack the 100,000 troops Switzerland has?"

The Swiss generals answer was something like "Each man would shoot twice and go home"

Ok, I'm thinking of buying one from AIM but there isn't any info on condition. Did I miss something?

I just checked their site and that's cool that they give you the choice of walnut or beech. Walnut, from what I've seen, is preferable. It holds up better.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of them. They have a nice little package of the leather sling and muzzle cover for cheap.

Last edited:
Well, I am now in the K31 club. Went with the walnut stock and additional leather sling offer. (This forum is costing me money! [thumbsup])

001496b8-ed49-4ea0-98a2-c1d655881017_zps12mwhaks.jpg

IMG_4986_zpssinc5hi5.jpg

IMG_4984_zps5amp1i6s.jpg

IMG_4982_zpsmlpolkxl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom