• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Swiss K31 Range Report

K98

Finally got my newly acquired K31 to the range yesterday. It has an amazingly smooth action to it, but dang, she kicks like a mule. Love it!!!!

Kick,,,,,what. They are a nice rifle. I only wish they had a aperture style sight.
So how did it shoot? Decent groups?

I will be shooting my K31 at the May 17th cmp vintage match at Old Colony Sportsmen in Pembroke Ma

I find the GP11 to be stout enough; I wouldn't want to shoot a case of ammo in one sitting.
Load it with some Lyman #311410s and some Unique and shoot all day long...

I find the GP11 to be stout enough; I wouldn't want to shoot a case of ammo in one sitting.
Load it with some Lyman #311410s and some Unique and shoot all day long...
I cant wait till i get some time to run some cast loads. I wont be running powder puffs but no were near full house loads either.

i love my k31...god damn accurate rifle.

i DID give myself a fat lip my first time shooting it from my cheek weld (drill instructor taught me i should feel each shot in my teeth [learned on an M16A4], but i don't think he was considering larger caliber bolt action rifles).

i'm usually done after about 20 rounds or so...lol. not exactly my 'go to' rifle, but a friggen blast to shoot every now and again.
I find shooting from the bench I get beat up. Standing sitting or prone with a sling I dont get the thumb in the nose.

The K31 has a very light recoil,what you need to shoot is a mosin M44. That should be just the recoil you need.[laugh]

I only have one gun that I won't shoot from the bench, and that's a Steyr-Mannlicher M95/34 in 8x56R.

It's a true thumpenboomer that makes the M44 feel like a .22LR.

The K31 has a very light recoil,what you need to shoot is a mosin M44. That should be just the recoil you need.[laugh]

Funny, I own and shoot my M44 often, but usually from standing (mostly so i don't catch the ground on fire), but the K31 i mostly shoot in the prone. i think this is due to the inherent inaccurate nature of (at least my) M44...i can't hit a target regardless of shooting position. but with the k31, i could close my eyes and spin around a few times and i'd probably still have a 1" group.

wouldn't exactly consider the k31's recoil to be 'very light'...but it makes up for it in cool factor.

I wonder how hard it would be to convert one to 30-06. I hate the idea of having another caliber to reload.

Took a newbie to the range, a fella with a fair bit of bravado. After shooting an AR he wanted to feel the kick from a "real gun". OK... here, try the K31.

I warned him it had a solid kick so the idiot holds it about 1" from his shoulder, thinking this would help.

BOOM... OMG the look on his face was priceless. He had been told to keep the rifle tight in his shoulder, but didn't listen. He called the next day to describe the color of, and associated pain in his right shoulder.

Took a newbie to the range, a fella with a fair bit of bravado. After shooting an AR he wanted to feel the kick from a "real gun". OK... here, try the K31.

I warned him it had a solid kick so the idiot holds it about 1" from his shoulder, thinking this would help.

BOOM... OMG the look on his face was priceless. He had been told to keep the rifle tight in his shoulder, but didn't listen. He called the next day to describe the color of, and associated pain in his right shoulder.

Would pay money to see this. God damn that must have hurt like a mother ****er.

Granted, it's another set of dies, but most '06 bullets will work in the Swiss. Can shoot the non-GP11 all day long...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom