• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWISS ARMY KNIFE THREAD

I have one of the original Supertools that I bough in 1995 and love it. I've worn out 3 Leatherman belt cases, knife still looks brand new...
I’ve worn out the sheath on my wave also. The old sheath is in the box of the new one. I suspect I’ll never wear the tool out. I used to kill the Phillips head by adjusting the torque on pneumatic screwdrivers. I would send the tool in for a replacement. That’s how I got the extra one.

I still have a budding/grafting knife coming from Va. It’s stuck in some USPS loop down there. I may gift it to my neighbor. She’s a big gardener and she always shows interest when I pull out a pocketknife. It’s in her.

I just won this old thing off the bay. It won’t be here for a while because Sweden. I hope it makes it here. I won’t know until I have it in my hands to know how well I did, price wise but I’m happy. I’ve paid more for knives in the past. The old ones have a big following. I did a search for the name on the side. Some old trucking company in Germany. The description said the knife was serviced by the Victorinox Factory. I thought that was cool. Lifetime warranty.
A8B90B5B-BABE-4C8E-91AF-8BA2FC9020EF.jpeg

I carry a Victorinox Cadet in my flight suit pocket at all times. So useful. I use everything on it often. The knife blade is actually the least used because I also always have a dedicated pocket knife.

My OSC knife (over seas carry) is a Victorinox Pioneer. Many places prohibit the carry of one handed opening knives, so this works. The bottle opener attachment gets heavy use. I just had to clean the thing as so much lint and everyday use left the left side tools nearly impossible to open. Still not perfect but useable now.

8E6AAA4C-ED56-483D-8456-60551ACF83D5.jpeg DC034A25-A1BE-427A-BC9A-6451B7CF8462.jpeg

I carry a Victorinox Cadet in my flight suit pocket at all times. So useful. I use everything on it often. The knife blade is actually the least used because I also always have a dedicated pocket knife.

My OSC knife (over seas carry) is a Victorinox Pioneer. Many places prohibit the carry of one handed opening knives, so this works. The bottle opener attachment gets heavy use. I just had to clean the thing as so much lint and everyday use left the left side tools nearly impossible to open. Still not perfect but useable now.

View attachment 411363View attachment 411365
I’ve been eyeballing the cadet. Just a little smaller than the pioneer.

This little guy gets a lot of uses, I’ve had it for awhile, I think it’s called the “Manager” I have fond memories of using the tweezers to yank a nose hair or the scissors cutting an extra long eye brow hair right at the last second during a mirror check in the car right seconds before meeting a woman for a date. E1C9B83F-8210-4EF8-B0AD-0B668BB3B13C.jpeg

View attachment 411363View attachment 411365
The honest wear on an Alox is pure beauty

This little guy gets a lot of uses, I’ve had it for awhile, I think it’s called the “Manager” I have fond memories of using the tweezers to yank a nose hair or the scissors cutting an extra long eye brow hair right at the last second during a mirror check in the car right seconds before meeting a woman for a date. View attachment 411529
I just used the Philips head on my MiniChamp to change the bulb in the stove. Handy.

The grafting knife finally came in. Irony: Trying to open a clamshell package when there’s a knife inside. I may have to buy another one for my neighbor. I think this is going in my pocket for a while. Carrying a Case stockman all these years, the most used blade was the sheepsfoot. The quality is right there as expected. I can open the blade by pinching it. The nylon scales give it a little heft and smooth open/close. Best $21.00 I’ve ever spent. 9EFCB44A-C502-4EDC-8512-09D3D5F8D8EE.jpeg 8EEE5B6A-2ED7-43F8-8B4E-954C5EC391BC.jpeg

Hope I dont gross anyone out but all you guys here can relate, since this thread has gotten me back into my SAK’s I been handling them a ton more than usual and Ofcourse I got that surgical slice on the tip of my finger and it sucks lol BD16536B-34F5-494A-85B8-A4F09A8FD990.jpeg

Hope I dont gross anyone out but all you guys here can relate, since this thread has gotten me back into my SAK’s I been handling them a ton more than usual and Ofcourse I got that surgical slice on the tip of my finger and it sucks lol
This new one I have is crazy sharp. A chisel grind also. It scares me a little, I won’t lie.

My first SAK? I ran it more than halfway through my palm once while trying to carve something.

I was...thirteen? We were supposed to leave the next morning to go camping, and I managed to hide it from my parents by keeping my hand cupped and holding a wad of kleenex to soak up the blood, which... there was a lot of. I totally should have gotten stitches.

They were very unhappy the next day, but by then we were more than halfway to the mountains and my dad is not a man who believes in turning around and going home. That blade went straight in, no resistance at all. I'm probably pretty lucky I'm a good healer.

Good times.

Since @Picton decided to bring up “My first SAK” I figured it was a good idea to follow up with “My first SAK”. Nothing as glorious as Picton running it through his hand but I have cut myself more times than I can remember with it for sure. I still have it. I’ve retired it long ago but still cherish it. I bought it when I was 10 back in 1980, at Herman’s Sporting Goods in Peabody Mass with my Paper Route money. I carried it everyday and everywhere except school. The belt clip was given to me by my grandmother right around the time I bought it and it’s been on ever since. You can still see my initials that I carved into it as a young lad. D491E969-460C-4DE3-9D5F-C08CAF9EF0BA.jpeg 16D27EA3-107C-4B8E-9A39-66D8F5464FD1.jpeg

Another retired SAK, this was a Christmas gift from an old Girlfriend of mine back in 1995. The toothpick still has resin on it from some guy borrowing the it to clean out his pot pipe on a weekend camping trip back in 1996 lol. 6FC2A73D-4279-4CBC-8021-F5EC7EC90622.jpeg 5C9E8C05-83F0-4E03-B01A-95C14A2986F4.jpeg

Another retired SAK, this was a Christmas gift from an old Girlfriend of mine back in 1995. The toothpick still has resin on it from some guy borrowing the it to clean out his pot pipe on a weekend camping trip back in 1996 lol. View attachment 412944View attachment 412945
When Victorinox bought Wenger they retired them. They will only increase in value now.

Finally got the officers knife from Switzerland. I have inquiry’s out about the tang stamp. In collecting old knives an etched marking that is done with an electric engraver is a serious no no and more than likely is fake. Where this one was sent back to Victorinox for reconditioning it may be likely they did go over the original with a pen. Everything else about it seems right. Time will tell. It’s hard because of the lack of information. The tang stamp on the other side of the blade is legit. Whoever reconditioned the knife did a great job with fit and finish. We’ll see. 8A14E074-D382-4B68-B0DA-CCF8AFCC8B60.jpeg 6427A20E-0DD7-4BD1-A8D4-656E2094933E.jpeg C8951563-B626-4EFB-A4CC-B57B4A26AF84.jpeg 322DF281-53E5-46CB-BFF0-C734AD0126B6.jpeg

When Victorinox bought Wenger they retired them. They will only increase in value now.
I forgot it was actually a Wenger! Good call 👍The one I have is beat to shit though from a lot of use, and the fact that it might be increasing in value if it were still in new condition doesn’t bother me one bit 👍👍🇺🇸

Grabbed one of these during the sale... $36.13 delivered. ( HolidaySAK15 15% Discount, Free Shipping )

US Flag Fieldmaster Exclusive Swiss Army Knife
Swiss Knife Co.

1606681472250.png
  • Large Blade
  • Small Blade
  • Can Opener with Small Screwdriver (also for Phillips Screws)
  • Bottle Opener with Large Screwdriver and Wire Stripper
  • Multi-purpose Hook (Parcel Carrier)
  • Wood Saw
  • Reamer
  • Key Ring
  • Tweezers
  • Toothpick
  • Scissors
  • Phillips Screwdriver

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom