• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

swiss 7.5

mac1911

NES Member
I will be reloading Swiss 7.5 soon I missed my sources to buy Swiss gp11 surplus in bulk. So I ordered some PPU for the brass. The loaded ammo was only 21 more cents delivered vs the 61 cents delivered for the new brass.
That said I will most likely only shoot 150 rounds or less a year. Mostly shooting cmp vintage match.
I'm useing lee dies.... I have great luck/ results with them for the low volume shooters in my stash.
Ok enough ....... is anyone loading these and what bullets are you useing? I have several 30 Cal opptions. Nosler 150 CCs. Hornady bulk 168s and some hornady 155gn fmj?
Plan on useing varget or some of the 1lb assorted stuff I have blc(2) H4895 as this is what I have on hand. If powder comes around again and doesn't cost me 37$ for 1lb I may try others.

I've had excellent results with the following:

45 gr IMR4064 behind a 150 gr Remington FMJBT using Graf once fired brass and Win Large Rife primer. COL 2.180 and to the Ogive 2.320

Good luck !

Ammo bunker and the armory have loaded swiss.

Thank you .......at this point I'm just going to reload 7.5 Swiss. The gp 11 surplus shoots much better than the PPU FMJ stuff. I did buy some ppu for the brass though...
I will be going with what I have on hand. 4064,n150 and blc2 to start with.

Much of my reloading is with the Lyman #311410 for light plinking loads (heck, anywhere from 5 to 8 grains of W452AA, Unique or whatever I have on hand, within reason...). Sabot loads are fun, too.

You know, you can easily reload the GP-11 brass if you acquire a few boxes of the Tula (KV-762N) .217" diameter berdan primers.

Much of my reloading is with the Lyman #311410 for light plinking loads (heck, anywhere from 5 to 8 grains of W452AA, Unique or whatever I have on hand, within reason...). Sabot loads are fun, too.

You know, you can easily reload the GP-11 brass if you acquire a few boxes of the Tula (KV-762N) .217" diameter berdan primers.

Acquire is they key word...... locally forget it. Online maybe but they are not exactly cheap at the few places I have seen in stock. Hazmat fees went up also. Now if I can find enough people interested I could do a primer buy and Max out the order of 50,000 primers. Brings hazmat and shipping charges to just about 1$ per k

I have been depriming my brass cased berdan stuff in hopes to reload it some day. I also have been making the slow shift to cast loads. Mosin and A3 are loving cast loads as I am loving the cost of reloads. Swiss should be no problem. I have a variety of molds in 30 Cal. Need one for the 8mm Mauser also.

Last edited:
I hear you... I only buy in a fgroup setting myself.
As for 8mm, there's a shop in the opposite corner of the state (Goshen, CT) that has one cast bullet offering, a Saeco 190 grain round nose. They shoot okay out of my Hakim, but that's not really the ideal cast bullet launcher.

Back
Top Bottom