• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWIM is stashing firearms..

I heard metal detectors are real good these days, and govt has heard that too.

^this! Not only metal detectors, but they have ground imaging cameras that will "see" anything you have buried anyway, so if you are going to do it, is only smart when it is done offsite, which increases your risks of them being found by someone else, not to mention that they would be useless to you if you needed them in a hurry. Because of this, I have to side with those that say "if it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up!".

I just wish after reading this whole thread that I had enough guns that I could afford to bury some that I wouldn't miss, instead of selling them to buy more guns that I really want. I get the concept of not keeping all of your eggs in one basket, but I can't think of even one that I own that I would want to part with to bury for an indefinite period of time. Sure, you could bury a clunker (of which I don't own any), but then you have to ask yourself, "do I want to wage war with a cheap, P.O.S. clunker, or a real battle rifle?" Hence my dilemma.

Why would you bury on your own property. Bury one on your neighbors, and others off your property. When time comes, turn the neighbor in. Then go collect the others. :)

Why would you bury on your own property. Bury one on your neighbors, and others off your property. When time comes, turn the neighbor in. Then go collect the others. :)
so you make $500 minus the cost of a cheap 22lr and a piece of tube.

Back
Top Bottom