• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWIM is stashing firearms..

SWIM has stashed a couple of firearms with sufficient ammo in sealed PVC TUBES vertically buried in the ground on his property. He figures in the "off" chance the powers that be ever come looking for stuff they won't get it all.
Interesting thought and makes me wonder if a Mossberg J.I.C. is in order and maybe a rifle of some sort and of course a few 100 rounds. I am guessing it's possibly a trend?

Who's coming?
The gov ?
Local pd ?
Please let's get real about this. The time, money, people . To do that would be insane. One guy in Cali shut the whole state down. Think about it

It's time to get your voice heard. Not hide stuff.

Use a vacuum pump to extract the air and moisture from the tube after it's closed.
Pulling a vacuum on the tube before burial might not be a great idea; eventually when it does spring a leak, it's likely to draw in groundwater.

Rather than negative pressure, pressurize with a dry inert gas like nitrogen.

Trenchgunner72 said:
If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up.
+2

tumblr_m3l3yt9GOx1qfqcmfo1_500.gif

I saw this on an episode of Doomsday Preppers: some nutter was burying Glocks and ammo in pvc pipes all over the place in Idaho or something.

All it takes is one kid to dig one of those up and it's off to prison you go! (assuming the gun still has its serial numbers and there's a record of them somewhere)

It just seems like an extremely irresponsible and dangerous thing to be doing.

A trend? [rofl][rofl]

People don't even like getting their guns dusty when they take them out of their storage cabinets or safe and really whine when they get dirty from shooting the things, they're not burying them in the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's coming?
The gov ?
Local pd ?
Please let's get real about this. The time, money, people . To do that would be insane. One guy in Cali shut the whole state down. Think about it

It's time to get your voice heard. Not hide stuff.

Ask lawful gun owners during Hurricane Katrina.

I wish I had enough of a collection to not miss some pieces for a few years.

Why go down as a "Gun nut who fired on police" (Which is what the headlines will read) when you can let them take a handful of whatever is in the house, and still be well armed without anyone knowing? If you're going to make a stand, it better be organized, you better have a handful of people to go to war with you, and a way to make sure the public knows why. Otherwise, instead of making a meaningful stand... You'll go down as just another bad guy. and it won't matter in the long run.

Why go down as a "Gun nut who fired on police" (Which is what the headlines will read) when you can let them take a handful of whatever is in the house, and still be well armed without anyone knowing? If you're going to make a stand, it better be organized, you better have a handful of people to go to war with you, and a way to make sure the public knows why. Otherwise, instead of making a meaningful stand... You'll go down as just another bad guy. and it won't matter in the long run.

This.

Pulling a vacuum on the tube before burial might not be a great idea; eventually when it does spring a leak, it's likely to draw in groundwater.

Rather than negative pressure, pressurize with a dry inert gas like nitrogen.

+2

Or you can purge the air with carbon dioxide. You can do this cheaply with dry ice. When you put a piece of dry ice in water pure CO2 will pour over the side of the container. Just have the container high enough to put the tube your equipment is in under it and once it fills to overflowing with CO2 cap it. Obviously have everything in the container ahead of time.

WARNING
It only takes ONE full breath of pure CO2 to KILL you!! Do not do it in your house! Do it in a garage with the door open or outside. Make sure you hold your breath any time you have to get close to it like when you cap the tube. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm not gonna raise your kids if you kill yourself.[grin] Oh and leave all your guns to me just in case. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

So much fail in this it's hard to know where to start, but I'll try. A) Nobody is taking my legally acquired property without due process, and because ex post facto law is NO LAW, everything I have will ALWAYS be my legally acquired property. B) When the dance starts , I don't give a good goddamn what anybody not in the fight thinks of me, or whether I'm a "gun Nut". C) As a believer in the efficacy of leaderless fourth-generation warfare, one does not need people to go to war with, and in many cases the individual may enjoy more success on his own.

I agree trench gunner. When sh- t ever goes down for a period of time you never know who is friend or foe. I rather roll with my family, wife who is down right nasty with a gun and my close military friend. I already have a plan just in case if anything major occurs.

If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up.

If or when they come for them, they already know I have them. I'd rather have them by my side than wallowing away in some hole in the ground. I bought them to protect myself not to rot.

Can't use'em if they'e not in your hands.
All of the above. Burying them defeats the true purpose of owning them as well as the second amendment.

Back
Top Bottom