Sweat & Bullets

So now that the heat is upon us, what type of damage happens to my gold dots over time when exposed to the humidity/sweat that comes with iwb carry?

My gun was soaked yesterday in my leather iwb.

DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as for them going bang?... i would think nothing, ive seen bullets go threw worse. old bird shot shells carried in wet fields for years brass all green etc.. still goes bang.. greened 30-06 rounds with the lead tips beat off still go bang. i went threw all those old rounds left behind by loved ones and everything shot even the old cardboad shotshells.

but..

i tend to replace carry rounds when they start to look worn used greened etc etc probally replace a couple a month.. save them in a zip lock bag and then when i have enofe i use them at the range. why practice with nice new carry rounds. just an idea if you want to also shoot them.

I always rotate through carry rounds at every range session... I'll shoot a box of plinking ammo, and then finish up my session with my carry magazines or speed strips. Once home, I'll replace my carry ammo, and have nice shiny new rounds!

I was thinking the same thing. I went to the range yesterday and brought two boxes of ammo. I burned through my carry rounds, all of the new ones and was driving home when I realized I did not have a single round in my gun.... Piss poor planning, and bad situational awareness on my part. Though I betcha RichM had a fresh batch of carry rounds in his gun when he left the range.

I was thinking the same thing. I went to the range yesterday and brought two boxes of ammo. I burned through my carry rounds, all of the new ones and was driving home when I realized I did not have a single round in my gun.... Piss poor planning, and bad situational awareness on my part. Though I betcha RichM had a fresh batch of carry rounds in his gun when he left the range.

Your bet's a pretty good one! ... and even if I didn't bring extra carry ammo to the range, I almost NEVER shoot everything in the range bag, so I'll have at least a little plinking ammo left over to get me home...

... and you never know if I've still got something in my pocket that didn't get "played with" that day... [wink]

Back
Top Bottom