SWD m11/9 metal magazine

I have an m11/9 metal magazine that is super tight to fit into my Mac 11/9 just wondering the best way to take a little off the magazine so it slides in better. Any idea?

Are you sure if the mag is too big or the magwell is too small??

If you are sure the mag is too big, I'd suggest a belt sander or maybe a file.

Is this one of the converted PAM mags that is sold by Jerry Prasser of Recon Ordinance? I think they are also sold by USA Machine Gun

If it is one of them, just send it back and they will send you another.

Don

It goes in all the way but VERY tight and has to be yanked out. it seems like they added a little to much sheet metal so it fits really tight, I guess I will start with a little file on it. Not sure where it came from originally got it from a dealer around here.

Belt sander. Done with Pam 2 mags made for the M11 all the time. I would not do this on some of the thin df mags out there.

Look on uzitalk about checking the back of your magwell for a point of contact where the stud for the rear handgrip is welded on. Minor sanding there can also fix sticky mag issues.

Mordeeb,

I'd bet its a Pam2 mag from either of the two sources I mentioned above.

If you don't have Dykem, a sharpie works fine. Mark it up and see where its scraped off. Then use a belt sander on that area.

The Pam2 mags are crazy thick. I wouldn't worry about weakening it.

Do you have a photo?

Does it look freshly parkerized?

I'll take a photo when I get a chance and yes it is crazy thick it looks like they put metal plates around where it goes in the gun itself.

Yes. That sounds like a converted Pam mag.

Does it look like this? I bet the answer is yes.

One other option is to call Jerry Prasser (reconord.com) and tell him that you got the mag at a gun shop and it looks like one of his and you were wondering if he'd replace it with one thats the proper size.

There is a good chance he'll swap it out for you for no charge.

Don

m11_mag.jpg

Yes. That sounds like a converted Pam mag.

Does it look like this? I bet the answer is yes.

One other option is to call Jerry Prasser (reconord.com) and tell him that you got the mag at a gun shop and it looks like one of his and you were wondering if he'd replace it with one thats the proper size.

There is a good chance he'll swap it out for you for no charge.

Don

View attachment 113716

Looks like some one tool a belt sander to a grease gun mag.

I googled Pam mag lol ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom