• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWAT training Vids

nice! used to do stuff like that all the time back in the day... except we wouldn't shoot, we'd do patient assessment [laugh]...

nothing like sticking an IV when your blood is pumping!

Will: +1 for training LEOs including SWAT to keep them sharp and keep them safe.

If they do well at this competition as a result of my training, great, but not a major issue. If the SHTF at some call out, and they all come out alive as a result of any of the training, I did my job as intended. It's the least I can do for the fine gents of the thin blue (and green!) line. They run toward the sound of gun fire while others get to run away...

Well gang, I am back from the CT SWAT Challenge for which those SWAT training vids were in preparation for. My guys took 15th out of 34 teams, and 4th at the all important PT Challenge, so there was proof of concept results there from the training.

For a first attempt, I am happy with the results. There’s no reason at all they can’t break top 10 next year with some tweaks to their training, and additional bang bang time on their part.

No major issues or screw ups, but plenty of nerves induced small stuff and high Murphy factor stuff which accumulated rapidly, as it always does! I will have video up shortly from the match for those interested….

Here is part 1 vid of the 2008 CT Challenge. I did the PT course first. I was not able to get vid of all the stations unfortunately, but got enough to give those were not there a good idea of the event. Will have vids that cover the shooting events, and other stuff up shortly. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLAO6JX1rnQ

PS, hopefully the high res version is up by now as it looks way better if you hit the "watch in high quality" option.

Looks excellent Will!

Although I have to say if we threw knees in our stages like those they'd make up do them over.

"Throw 'em like you got a pair mister!"
[wink]

Gents, a well known site that reviews and tracks all kinds of LE/mil related topics, equipment, weapons, etc called SoldierSystem.net did a nice review on my Optimal SWAT program/site and put up one of the training vids from the NEMLEC training. Can see been here:

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/2008/10/28/optimal-swat/

Enjoy!

Great vid Will. Good, basic power and strength moves that test functionality. I also like the addition of firearms to the mix (the exhaustion mimics adrenal stress to a great degree). We do a lot of these at work.

Bravo sir.

Great vid Will. Good, basic power and strength moves that test functionality. I also like the addition of firearms to the mix (the exhaustion mimics adrenal stress to a great degree). We do a lot of these at work.

Bravo sir.

Thanx, the other vids are far better. That was week 1-2, which were only conditioning weeks to much more difficult training rotations. See later weeks on the SWATTrainingFitness youtube site. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom