• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SWAT team raids Innocent People Twice

Who are these detectives. Can someone say FAILDOZER (If you listen to Ron & Fez you will laugh). Also how did the judge rule against the Adamses? Reading this I was half expecting half way down for the article to say April Fool's or something. It sounds like something you would watch happen on South Park.

The Police officers and all involved need to be charged with Assault with a Dangerous weapon. They need to be held directly accountable for their mistake, not the taxpayers. And enough with this war on drugs. Its is a huge waste of money

hahahahaha

wrong_house.jpg

There should be jail time for the cops who made that mistake, that was a criminal act that committed against those people. Because they have a badge does not shield them from accountability. Every one of the cops who entered those houses should be arrested and charged, and then thrown off the force.

The Police officers and all involved need to be charged with Assault with a Dangerous weapon. They need to be held directly accountable for their mistake, not the taxpayers. And enough with this war on drugs. Its is a huge waste of money

This.

I'll second this. Imagine how badly something like this could go if some of the circumstances were different. If your sitting at home and doing nothing wrong and someone kicks in your door and your armed someone is going down.

Carl Denninger: "At least some part of the public has concluded that they have no recourse before the law, and thus decided to take recourse on the street."

The day is coming.

I don't know how the SWAT team is structured in terms of who is what rank and who knows what, but if its anything like the military I don't believe everyone is at fault. The leadership/intel, absolutely, and the hammer should come down on them, but that doesn't make everyone equally guilty. In the second case especially, where the house changed ownership, tell me how the door kicker is responsible for that mistake.

Mike

I don't know how the SWAT team is structured in terms of who is what rank and who knows what, but if its anything like the military I don't believe everyone is at fault. The leadership/intel, absolutely, and the hammer should come down on them, but that doesn't make everyone equally guilty. In the second case especially, where the house changed ownership, tell me how the door kicker is responsible for that mistake.

Mike

because they are the ones actually committing the crime..........

......lemme put it this way........say i ask you to go to my house to get me something..... and i tell you that the door sticks so youve got to give it a good kick to get it open....

....say i accidentally tell you the wrong address, or you wrote the address wrong....

you go to the wrong house and kick the door down.......

.......who the one going to jail?

The Detectives who got the search warrants without double checking their sources and info should be dealt with severly.If they were not dealt with and allowed to continue as Detectives,the Chiefs head should be added to the chopping block.If the same Detectives were involved in the second fiasco,they along with the Chief should at least be fired and spanked by a big judgement against them.The SWAT guys are just following orders.However if they make the mistake and kick in a door address that does not match the search warrant,then they should be held rensponsible.

Last edited:
The Detectives who got the search warrants without double checking their sources and info should be dealt with severly.If they were not dealt with and allowed to continue as Detectives,the Chiefs head should be added to the chopping block.If the same Detectives were involved in the second fiasco,they along with the Chief should at least be fired and spanked by a big judgement against them.The SWAT guys are just following orders.However if they make the mistake and kick in a door address that does not match the search warrant,then they should be held rensponsible.
now if only that excuse would have worked for the Nazis.....

Last edited:
now if only that excuse would have worked for the Nazis.....

Orders which are more or less widely accepted as legal in this country and most of the world and are not akin at all to the orders the Nazis were charged with executing. I understand what you are getting at, but this is nothing like that. What if these officers were planning on breaching the house looking for a kidnapping victim and got the wrong address. Yes, some people would definitely need to lose their job for that, but your not convincing anyone the door kickers are bad, stupid, people.

The officers who confiscated guns in Katrina, I say prosecute them all, a few may have been dumb, the rest viewed themselves as above the law, regardless, that was unacceptable. Same with those who rounded up Americans during the Japanese internment.

Mike

I can tell a couple things:

I never do anything illegal. I may bend a traffic law from time to time - speeding with the new truck - but that's it - I'm too old for foolishness.

If ANYONE breaks down my door in the day, night, or eclipse of the sun - they are going to be fired at, and most likely hit.

If the police have a search warrant, then nock on my door.

Without seeing your face and picture ID - I DON'T KNOW YOU.

Now, I do not wish harm on anyone - bad guys included, we all fall short of His desires for us. However, that doesn't mean I 'march into the showers' either.

Orders which are more or less widely accepted as legal in this country and most of the world and are not akin at all to the orders the Nazis were charged with executing. I understand what you are getting at, but this is nothing like that. What if these officers were planning on breaching the house looking for a kidnapping victim and got the wrong address. Yes, some people would definitely need to lose their job for that, but your not convincing anyone the door kickers are bad, stupid, people.

what i was getting at is that regardless of what anyone tells you is 'alright' or 'legal'.....ultimately YOU and YOU alone are responsible for YOUR actions........im not necessarily calling the officers evil bad people.....but they are responsible.....i mean, you hope the information you are getting is correct, but if it isnt, youve got to eat it.

refer to my previous post(#21)........in that situation, you were just following orders.....now somewhere along the way the address got mixed up(doesnt make a difference as to how).......but in that situation, you would be the one going to jail.........so why should it be any different because they have badges.

So youre saying each individual swat team member must first verify that they have the correct address for the gangbangers at 31 maple st that is given to them by the detective who got a judge to sign a no knock warrant for that address even though hes an idiot and theyre really at 31 oak st? My feeling is its all on the guy running the investigation, and at a minimum should be suspended without pay pending the investigation into his stupidity, and if hes the same guy responsible for both f-ups, then hes fired. And let the folks sue the department for both incidents.
Does this shit happen? Often enough to be a statistic, but so does every other kind of workplace accident.

Back
Top Bottom