• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Swampscott Teen Bit by Coyote

Swampscott Teen Bit By Coyote

It's still out there!

"Police said someone was bitten by a coyote Saturday night in the woods between Burpee Road and the upper Jackson Field. Boston 25 reports the victim is 17 and was taken to North Shore Medical Center.

Swampscott and Environmental Police searched the woods but could not find the coyote."

If a coyote approaches you:
  • Do not run or turn your back
  • Be as big and loud as possible
  • Wave your arms and throw objects
  • Face the coyote and back away slowly
  • If attacked, fight back
I guess I'll need hulk pills and MMA training for these bastards. *puts AK back in safe*

Pepper and bear spray is perfectly legal and well suited for repelling four legged predators. But encouraging people to carry defensive weapons might be a gateway thing for the 2A and the press can't encourage that.

I thought non-rabid coyotes attacking humans basically never happened, unless the human was doing something stupid like feeding or cornering the yote. Then there's this from Wikipedia:

Although media reports of such attacks generally identify the animals in question as simply "coyotes", research into the genetics of the eastern coyote indicates those involved in attacks in northeast North America, including Pennsylvania, New York, New England, and Eastern Canada, may have actually been coywolves, hybrids of Canis latrans not fully coyotes.[3]
Interesting.

Be careful who you mention "coywolves" to. I've seen some supposed scientists lose their minds at the word saying it's a media creation and wolves and coyotes dont mate.

Those scientists should be expelled from the scientific community with haste. All canine species can mate, and coyotes and wolves have and do mate all the time. There are many documented hybrids all around the US and Canada.

Coywolf advocates such as Jon Way are pushing for the term coywolf to elevate their (coyotes) status to make them a protected species (like the wolf)...

I thought non-rabid coyotes attacking humans basically never happened, unless the human was doing something stupid like feeding or cornering the yote. Then there's this from Wikipedia:

Interesting.

That's been the party line from the .gov-.org eggheads for years... Myself and others had tried to report 50lb+ coyotes, aggressive coyotes, and unusual behavior and were told "you're mistaken they're 35lb at most and very skittish". Well, I've got this one here that's 60lb and dead "oh no you're mistaken" oh, OK, well why'd this guy curl his lip and advance on a 250lb man "oh no you're mistaken", well how about this pack they're huge and here's where you can find them every day "oh no, you're mistaken". Even after highly publicised attacks, including several inside the 128 belt this was the party line by "scientists".

The world has gone nuts in the last 8 years. Black is white, up is down, etc.

And I think everyone knows how dangerous coyotes can be.

wile-e-coyote-acme-products_GH_content_550px.jpg

I've had my fair share of coyote encounters on North Shore beaches late at night. Only time I get nervous is when they're roaming in packs of >5, that's when they start to get ballsy.

Back
Top Bottom