SW99 Trigger Job

I'm interested in doing a trigger job to my Smith & Wesson SW99, but am unable to find any information that describes how to do one, or where parts would be available. I've searched this forum and several others but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Any advice/links would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cal

I'm interested in doing a trigger job to my Smith & Wesson SW99, but am unable to find any information that describes how to do one, or where parts would be available. I've searched this forum and several others but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Any advice/links would be helpful.

Thanks,
Cal

You might want to try www.waltherforums.com since the SW99 is basically a P99. Also try P99 FAQ. The url did not work but if you put in P99 frequently asked questions in a search engine you should be able to find it.

Last edited:
I checked out that forum, and was glad I did. It looks like a stock Glock Striker Spring works wonders on these things.

If the gun is new put a snap cap in it and dry fire it a ton. It will smooth out the trigger considerably.

-Mike

If the gun is new put a snap cap in it and dry fire it a ton. It will smooth out the trigger considerably.

-Mike

The gun has several hundred rounds through it, and the trigger has smoothed out since I got it, but I still think the pull could be helped.

Do you have the AS or DAO trigger?

I'm not sure what your acronyms stand for, but I think you're asking what if it's a single, or double action trigger. It's double action on the first pull, then it shortens up a great deal.

Just to update this thread I picked up a stock Glock striker spring, and replaced the SW99 one with it. I haven't had a chance to fire it, so i can't speak to the difference.

I'm not sure what your acronyms stand for, but I think you're asking what if it's a single, or double action trigger. It's double action on the first pull, then it shortens up a great deal.

Just to update this thread I picked up a stock Glock striker spring, and replaced the SW99 one with it. I haven't had a chance to fire it, so i can't speak to the difference.

No walther makes it in two different triggers. AS is the anti-stress double action (which by the sounds of it, is what you have. I have the p99c AS), the DAO is more of a long pull leo type trigger in d.a.o.. Awful trigger on the DAO.

Our triggers are awesome. Any of the walther AS triggers are wicked nice. You'll notice a difference right away with the new spring.

Good taste in guns man. +1

No walther makes it in two different triggers. AS is the anti-stress double action (which by the sounds of it, is what you have. I have the p99c AS), the DAO is more of a long pull leo type trigger in d.a.o.. Awful trigger on the DAO.

Don't forget the P99QA, AKA, the wannabe Glock trigger. The QA is the worst because of the stupid button on the gun that turns the gun into a paperweight.

-Mike

Don't forget the P99QA, AKA, the wannabe Glock trigger. The QA is the worst because of the stupid button on the gun that turns the gun into a paperweight.

-Mike

Yeah I forgot about that trigger. Why did they make that? The AS is incredible, probably the nicest factory trigger I've ever used.

Back
Top Bottom