• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SW99 Backstrap Locally

I'm trying to find a small grip backstrap for the SW99 pistol locally. Has anyone seen one in a shop in the nortshore/merrimack valley/metrowest area? I know it's a bit of a longshot, but the SW99 was fairly common in MA back when it was produced, plus it was manufactured in MA, so it's worth a shot. Thanks

I'm trying to find a small grip backstrap for the SW99 pistol locally. Has anyone seen one in a shop in the nortshore/merrimack valley/metrowest area? I know it's a bit of a longshot, but the SW99 was fairly common in MA back when it was produced, plus it was manufactured in MA, so it's worth a shot. Thanks

Well, sorta... IIRC the frames were made by walther in germany. Did you call S&W service dept yet?

Walther P99 straps might work, too... same bleepin gun. (except for the .45 which was an S&W only deal). Although there may be fitment/appearance issues.

-Mike

Well, sorta... IIRC the frames were made by walther in germany. Did you call S&W service dept yet?

Walther P99 straps might work, too... same bleepin gun. (except for the .45 which was an S&W only deal). Although there may be fitment/appearance issues.

-Mike

Mike - I do have an email into S&W re: the backstraps. I have three 1st gen P99s, and although I haven't had a chance to compare them to the SW99 side-by-side the backstrap does appear dimensionally similar. However I have read of slight variations. Furthermore, the pattern of the P99 vs. SW99 backstrap is different, so for that reason alone I'd prefer to find the correct SW99 backstrap. Numrich has it but it'll be about $25 shipped, so I'm poking around locally first. - Marcus

Back
Top Bottom