• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SW1911 E Series

These sure are pretty sweet looking. Hopefully, the grey area of Ma Compliancy will be clarified soon.

DSC_40581911SC030.jpg

DROOL!!!!!! I WANT that!!!!

It can't be too grey if Four Seasons is selling them. Carl isn't going to jeopardize his FFL if he didn't know for sure if it was legal to sell in Mass. The same goes for the HK's that are now Mass compliant.

Only quoting what one in state dealer told me about why they did not carry the E Series - "titanium firing pin". Don't shoot me, only the messenger ;-) I make no representation about the legitimacy of this statement.

The dealers being unsure is a problem here in this wonderful state. All I can say is that a certain dealer that had turned others into the AG's office for selling "non Mass compliant" firearms is selling them. So you can take that for all it's worth. I know they are hard to get right now, as they are a popular item. Especially the scandium bobbed two tone version. I am gonna wait and see how nice the Ruger SR1911 is and compare the two. The price is definitely attractive on the Ruger.

^ He has them in stock because he's a pariah in the Mass gun community. I wouldn't buy from him if was the only dealer to ever get them here.

-JR

Thanks for the explanations about the grey area, guys.

What are people seeing for street prices on the all black ones?

Ok, Ill say confusion, rather than grey area. There's been some anecdotal evidence that some dealers are unsure of the Mass compliancy status.

This happens ever time S&W releases a new gun, it's nothing to care or even be concerned about. Some dealers will sell them, some won't. If you want it, buy it- handgun compliance is effectively not your problem anyways.

The biggest real problem with the E series right now is that they are pretty hard to come by. There are not a lot of these guns floating around in the supply chain.

-Mike

This happens ever time S&W releases a new gun.
Handgun compliance is effectively not your problem anyways.
There are not a lot of these guns floating around in the supply chain.

Agreed on all points. BG380 is still hard to get through the chain.

-JR

It can't be too grey if Four Seasons is selling them. Carl isn't going to jeopardize his FFL if he didn't know for sure if it was legal to sell in Mass. The same goes for the HK's that are now Mass compliant.

Agreed. And Carl is the only guy I buy from as far as dealer transactions. I've also bought many fine used pieces from him.

^ He has them in stock because he's a pariah in the Mass gun community. I wouldn't buy from him if was the only dealer to ever get them here.

-JR

I agree totally!! I went there once just to check it out, and have not been there since. I would rather drive the hour and give Carl my business!

So I went to Springfield this past weekend to the S&W range and still no E's for sale or rent. I have been there a few times and I've rented the 945 a few times. This past weekend I decided to try one of their standard 1911s (scandium frame). After firing about 24 rounds through it, I had to go back to the 945. I know this is off topic a bit to my original post, but I'm becoming obsessed with the 945. The accuracy is amazing, very little recoil and it feels perfect in my hand. I think my interest has shifted from the E series...

i have a 945, my advice is not to get one, you will never pick up any
1911 after that.

if you take a good look at the 945 you will notice that they have lowered
the center of gravity, and there is a barrel bushing.

the downside is there are no aftermarket accessories for it.

Only quoting what one in state dealer told me about why they did not carry the E Series - "titanium firing pin". Don't shoot me, only the messenger ;-) I make no representation about the legitimacy of this statement.
Yes, it has a titanium firing pin. It uses that to allow it to pass the drop test. So?

Yes, it has a titanium firing pin. It uses that to allow it to pass the drop test. So?

So ... go ask the dealer (BP.) I am not defending his statement, as stated in my original post, regardless of how emphatic he was about that being "direct from S&W".

i have a 945, my advice is not to get one, you will never pick up any
1911 after that.

if you take a good look at the 945 you will notice that they have lowered
the center of gravity, and there is a barrel bushing.

the downside is there are no aftermarket accessories for it.

I get the aftermarket accessory argument, and I am willing to sacrifice that for the pleasure of shooting this gun. Why do you say that I will never pick up another 1911? They do feel completely different in my hand, which is one of the bigger arguments in favor of the 945. It feels like it was made for my hand as it fits perfectly. Also, what's the problem with the barrel bushing? That's supposed to be one of the "performance center enhancements" that seperate it from a production 1911. Any feedback will be appreciated as I am about 4 weeks from getting my LTC...passed the Moon Island test this afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom