• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SW Shield

It all depends where you are and how far you are willing to go. Never hurts to let your fingers do the walking and call around. If in MASS, be sure to have trigger kit installed. I have the 9mm Shield and have had no issues with it. 1000's rounds through it.

Atlantic Tactical only sells firearms to LEO now. But yes, they had a sweet price running for a while last year.

If you have Cabela's gift cards purchased at 20% off, get them to price match FS and use gift cards to get it for about $305 after tax. :)

I'd probably buy a used one, trigger work or not. They're one of the most common guns in the classifieds here and elsewhere. I did the apex kit on mine and it's great. You should be able to get one for about 350-400 with the work already done.

Plenty of used ones here. try to find one thats already had the trigger work done, that alone will cost ya an extra $100 over the cost of the new gun.

Not really, for about $40 you can replace the sear with an Apex one and have a great trigger

Wonder why they're so common on the classifieds. I've heard they're great carry guns; is it that people outgrow them?

No more common than most any other compacts, I see as many or more 938's, 238's, Kahr, Glocks are insane here...

Unfortunately I am in Mass. and I will not buy a used gun that has had work done to it you never know who did the work. especially for a carry gun any changes need to be done correctly. I travel all over mass so location is not a big deal.

Wonder why they're so common on the classifieds. I've heard they're great carry guns; is it that people outgrow them?

My biggest issue with subcompacts are my 2xl hands. Thin gun plus long gritty/ squishy/ just plain shitty trigger meant i was shooting minute of barn at 25' (my trigger was rough even by MA standards). After a full Apex kit with alum trigger I can shoot it pretty well. But in all fairness to the shield, I had a j frame. After trying 3 different grips I sold it. I can't hit anything with a 238 or 938 either. G26/27 fills my palm perfectly. Thats the smallest piece ive been able to do well with.

Not trashing the shield. It is a great carry piece. I just know that my left hand has to act like a vice and apply more pressure than I'd normally need.

I paid $390 in Agawam and I know Jurek Bros had a sale for $275 a while back.

If you have Cabela's gift cards purchased at 20% off, get them to price match FS and use gift cards to get it for about $305 after tax. :)

Yep. Cabela's will absolutely price match. They matched FS for me on an M&P 9 Range Kit last Father's day. Tried to sell me and I wouldn't buy telling them the price was too high and the guy said they would price match as long as the vendor in question had them in stock. Brought up FS on my phone and it showed the price and it indicated they were in stock. That was good enough. Might not have bought regardless except my wife and the kids were there and she wanted to get me the gun right then and there for Father's day.

Just bought one Saturday at Four Seasons .... $380 :-(
Nice to know about Cabela's price matching because
it is easier to get to for me and has more other stuff.
Four Season's does have good prices BUT I found out
if you look around there are other places that come close
and if you factor drive time and selection you may make
out better elsewhere.
Rob .....

They are common on the classifieds; because S&W just produced their 1,000,000th shield!

It's a very popular carry pistol. I really like mine, but I understand it's not for everyone.

OneMillionShields.jpg

Just bought one Saturday at Four Seasons .... $380 :-(
Nice to know about Cabela's price matching because
it is easier to get to for me and has more other stuff.
Four Season's does have good prices BUT I found out
if you look around there are other places that come close
and if you factor drive time and selection you may make
out better elsewhere.
Rob .....

GO GREEN!

While you were there you should have had them install the APEX kit for $100 (an AWESOME price installed)

Back
Top Bottom