• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SW M&P COMPACT 40 SIGHTS?

Ok, just fired a brand new S&W M&P compact 40 with the 3 dot sights. After firing for the first time, one of the rear sight "Dots" fell out! I will be calling Smith asap, but in the meantime, anyone heard of this? and does any other Sight Pusher work on the M & P series gun. Example, if I get new sights from Smith, can I use a "Glock" sight pusher for putting on replacement sights? Anyone have any suggestions for a gunsmith?

Ok, just fired a brand new S&W M&P compact 40 with the 3 dot sights. After firing for the first time, one of the rear sight "Dots" fell out! I will be calling Smith asap, but in the meantime, anyone heard of this? and does any other Sight Pusher work on the M & P series gun. Example, if I get new sights from Smith, can I use a "Glock" sight pusher for putting on replacement sights? Anyone have any suggestions for a gunsmith?
Jim at Four Seasons. You can use the Glock sight pusher, but you have to loosen up the screw inside the slide first. Might as well put in the Trijicon sights now.

Pretty common on an M&P. I've never needed a pusher. Just loosen the set screw and use a brass punch or a Chop Stick cut down to a couple inches. [wink] Just be careful, UNDER the right side of the sight is the Striker Block Spring. It's under tension and will want to spring up. Keep your hand/thumb over it as you slide the sight off. I went with an XS Big Dot. For me it works great. Love the XS. Have you ever tried blacking out the rear dot's ? With the exception of the XS I prefer the rear sights blacked out. Here's a chance to try it. Just take a Black Sharpie to the other dot. If not, go with Vellnueve's post.....

Last edited:
I have Warren Tactical plain rear front tritium sights on my M&P full size and compact. I like the quick target acquisition they provide.

I thought I read over on the S&W forum that the sight should only be pushed from one side(can't remember but I thought it was from left to right)as the cut in the slide is tapered. I'm not 100% sure though as my memory is starting to go over the years(damn kids).

I thought I read over on the S&W forum that the sight should only be pushed from one side(can't remember but I thought it was from left to right)as the cut in the slide is tapered. I'm not 100% sure though as my memory is starting to go over the years(damn kids).

Correct.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Lost the dot on the front sight of my M&P. I used Testors white model paint after I degreased the hole. Haven't had a problem since. It seems a little "whiter" than the original paint as well.

Back
Top Bottom