sw 9mm 1911

jeepsrt8

NES Member
Lliving in mass our selection of guns is limited especially in the 9mm 1911 department. I was looking for an opinion of how is the sw 1911 in 9mm? is the bang worth the buck?

Yes, the S&W 1911Pro in 9mm is very nice, you will love the trigger and the slide to frame fit is very nice and smooth. Worth every penny IMHO

I went and held one today...JUST WOW...currently looking to find a dealer that has the best price...

Shot one today. Really nice amd now the gun my wife wants next.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I doubt you find one new for less than $1250 since there are so few 9mm 1911's, but you might get lucky. I think C&F Guns in Middleboro has one in stock but I would call before you go there.

I have one that needs to be sent back as well. Purchased it second hand here and has issues with failure to feed some rounds (round just gets slammed into the feed ramp and will not go up into chamber) and the slide does not always lock open after the last round. I am hoping this will be resolved at the factory because otherwise it is my favorite gun to shoot.

Just purchased one from North Shore took it out Fri afternoon and put 200 round thru it ball ammo 124 gr Estate,Remington and S&B had 1 malfunction a stove pipe. Mags are a bear to load hopefully they'll loosen up with usage. Just ordered some spare mahs Wilson and Metalform for it and hope to take it out again within the next week or so.

Not to hi-jack, but Manchester Firing line has the Kimber Ultra CDP II available for rent, if you want to try it out before you buy - or just try it out. Went up there a few weeks ago they have MANY 1911's & more guns that I can't seem to find in our backwards state. Tried all the sizes... it was nice.

I recently bought mine at Four Seasons and Jeff was great to work with. I think it was in the $1200 range.
So far I've run a few boxes of Federal American Eagle 124 gr. FMJ through it without any issues. I'll try out some other ammo in the future.
You are absolutely correct in that we have few options for a 1911 in 9mm. Sadly I don't know of another available to us in this communist state.
I had always thought of having a custom one made. Basically I wanted a stainless steel Gold Cup in 9mm but for what I wanted I was figuring about $2000 to have it built.
I got most of the features I wanted in the S&W. Stainless steel, ramped barrel, serrated front strap and fully adjustable sights.
Some features I didn't get were the Gold Cup wide trigger, the Gold Cup top slide rib and the Gold Cup angled slide serrations.
One of my few complaints is the trigger. The trigger is a little heavy, I don't have a trigger pull gauge, maybe I'll get one and see where I stand. I'm spoiled in that I have a Colt Gold Cup with a Videcki trigger and a Lewis Arms trigger job. A trigger job may be in the future.
All in all I'm pretty happy with it. Many people are against the 1911 in 9mm though they have no comment for Colt making them years ago and the .38 Super is a version of 9mm. They conveniently forget about that. With the low price of 9mm ammo and the rugged 1911 platform in stainless steel the SW1911 Pro Series also has a wide external extractor for reliability.
100_0413.jpg

My wife has had one for a couple years. Had Dave Santurri lighten and smooth out the trigger a little. It's a very nice gun and accurate too.

I have one and have not shot my smith E series 45 1911 since . I have shot many brands of factory and lots of reloads through it with no problems . I think the gun is worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom