SW 929, Ruger Super GP100 or other?

Next question... does anyone have a recommendation on a good SW gunsmith?

In MA or NH (I distance doesnt matter).

Last edited:
Work it in single action for a few hours to take some of the newness out of the mainspring before you go trying to reduce your d.a. pull.
You'd be surprised how quickly you can hit 1000 cycles
I was doing that last night while watching TV. I figured I will do that for a couple of days until I can get to the range, fire 500 rounds and see how it feels.

I already have a spring kit in the mail, they are cheap enough I didnt mind buying it.

I was doing that last night while watching TV. I figured I will do that for a couple of days until I can get to the range, fire 500 rounds and see how it feels.

I already have a spring kit in the mail, they are cheap enough I didnt mind buying it.

I have a few extras if you want to try different ones. 1 wolf and one "bang and clang", which I think was from clark custom.
Nothing wrong with em, I ended up going back to the factory ones and taking some out of the strain screw.

I have a few extras if you want to try different ones. 1 wolf and one "bang and clang", which I think was from clark custom.
Nothing wrong with em, I ended up going back to the factory ones and taking some out of the strain screw.
Thanks man. I ordered the wolf. I never heard of the bang and clang. I might take you up on that. I will work the trigger a little bit before making any changes and will take it from there.

Last edited:
Good gunsmith: Tim Gostling at Gartman Arms in Wrentham.

He did my GP100, and the single and double action are like BUTTAH!

In my opinion, anyone who wants a better trigger needs some careful polishing done as well some some judicious adjustments to the springs. If you are not experienced with revolver internals, and with polishing parts, then the services of a gunsmith are well worth it. The springs are just a part of an improved trigger.

I have thought a lot about Smith revolvers, and I wrote a long article about trigger work. The first section of the article may be helpful even if you are going to have someone else do the work.

In my opinion, anyone who wants a better trigger needs some careful polishing done as well some some judicious adjustments to the springs. If you are not experienced with revolver internals, and with polishing parts, then the services of a gunsmith are well worth it. The springs are just a part of an improved trigger.

I have thought a lot about Smith revolvers, and I wrote a long article about trigger work. The first section of the article may be helpful even if you are going to have someone else do the work.

Wow, that is great. I will read it tonight.

Maybe that should be a sticky somewhere on NES.

Shot some Winchester ammo, PMC and Tula steel. All 4 shot just as good.

All 4 were the cheapest boxes I could find.
I paid:

$8.99 for PMC (Brass)
$9.99 for Winchester (Brass)
$8.99 for PPU (Brass)
less than $8.99 for Tula (Steel) - I bought that several months ago.

All 115g

Was that double action or single action??
Double. But I was holding it and going slow. The goal was to test accuracy.

Shooting fast, the groups opened up, but it wasnt anything crazy. The trigger still needs some work for that.

Back
Top Bottom