SW 442 cylinder wear

Hey all, see attached. I’ve had this J frame for a while. I had a 642 for years that had the silver finish and never really noticed cylinder wear. Obviously with the 442 having the black finish I can notice the wear. Yes this gun actually got used at the range quite a bit so this isn’t from just sitting in a holster. Does anyone know if this is just cosmetic or something that needs to be addressed. If it’s cosmetic I don’t really give a shit. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 42
J frames usually end up looking like piles of s*** if they're actually pocket carried after a while... but it won't affect the guns function.

Is this the same all around the cylinder, or just one? If they are all the same, probably not an issue. If it's only one, then maybe. Feeler gauge the cylinder to barrel clearance. If that is within spec, you are good to go. What are you shooting for bullets? Plain lead would probably not mark it up so much.

It looks like each cylinder bore has a touch of it. Most likely caused by gas flare at the gap when firing hot +P ammo...

1624121701487.png

Back
Top Bottom