• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suspension of LTC

On the border between NY and VT for the rest of th
I've been looking online quite a bit lately, and have found basically nothing to reference this issue. My LTC was suspended by Natick PD when I left the Army. There were no criminal charges, no mental health issues, and no contact with the police in any way that could have lead to a suspension. No justification or reason has been provided, and I was out of state and unable to begin the appeal process within the 90 day "window".
As of right now, all I have for an explanation is from the licensing officer, stating that they had the discretion to suspend the license at any time and for any reason, and that there is no appeal process.
Where is this covered in the law, and short of re-applying and going to the review board, what are my options? Can I even go to the review board, since they apparently only review criminal convictions?

Last edited:
Dude, you need a lawyer, Scrivener is a great lawyer (I used his services in my application for my LTC). You also have Cross-X is also highly recommended on this board. You should Private Message them. As to why your license was Suspended, I don't think any of us can really tell you, but a good lawyer can make a difference. Good luck and keep us all updated to your progress.

The police in your town are just jealous that you served this country while they squandered their privilege. Probably mixed identity or something that is the result of lazy and careless record keeping. The licensing officer is probably buttoning up because it is a safe CYA way to deal with you. A lawyer will help you talk sweet to them and find out what the mix up is. You do have some recourse in district court.

Last edited:
How did you find out your LTC was suspended? Was there any notification?
If they can suspend your license at any time with no justification required I would at least hope that they would inform you somehow.

License Suspension

I thought Natick was a GREEN town on the LTC ALP list.

Maybe they think the army turned you into a killer or something.

Back
Top Bottom