• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suspect Shot Own Finger After Springfield Armed Robbery Attempt

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member

While under arrest, the suspect reportedly grabbed an officer’s service pistol and fired the gun, shooting his own finger in the process

How does someone under arrest (assuming his hands were cuffed behind his back) grab a cops gun ???
There's got to be more to the story.
Was the gun holstered at the time ???

How does someone under arrest (assuming his hands were cuffed behind his back) grab a cops gun ???
I think it was a typo....

"While under arrest, the suspect reportedly grabbed an officer’s service pistol and fired the gun, shooting his own finger in the process, the department spokesperson stated. Additional officers arrived and helped place the suspect under arrest,"
I think they meant "while being placed under arrest"

The way I understood it was a good samaritan was helping because the cop was by himself and in the process the suspect got ahold of the cops gun before backup arrived and helped place the suspect under arrest.

"While under arrest, the suspect reportedly grabbed an officer’s service pistol and fired the gun, shooting his own finger in the process, the department spokesperson stated. Additional officers arrived and helped place the suspect under arrest,"

The way I understood it was a good samaritan was helping because the cop was by himself and in the process the suspect got ahold of the cops gun before backup arrived and helped place the suspect under arrest.

OK, that makes more sense.

Correct!

Nobody come any closer or I’ll shoot my finger.
I swear I’ll do it.
[Bang]
Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom