• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Survival Stores in New England?

Are there any survival stores in New England? Other than the typical Bass Pro, EMS, REI, Dicks etc etc.

There are numerous true survival stores in other parts of the country. I was just curious.

The only stores that come close to the on you posted are Army/Navy stores and there is a pretty good one in Salem,NH on RT.28 It is called The Army/Navy Store.

The one in Salem is actually called the Army Barracks, and it does have a lot of good stuff. No food, except for a few MRE's of unknown age, but a good place to buy ammo cans, packs, clothing, etc...

Around here I think Walmart is about the best place to shop. I would like to have a Honeyville Grain type of store around.

We need no stinkin survival store. We live in Mass. Gov. Will always provide. That is the beauty of being in an eternally left sided state. "sarcasm"

The one in Salem is actually called the Army Barracks, and it does have a lot of good stuff. No food, except for a few MRE's of unknown age, but a good place to buy ammo cans, packs, clothing, etc...

Around here I think Walmart is about the best place to shop. I would like to have a Honeyville Grain type of store around.

Thanks for correcting the name of the store sorry about that..[grin]

Metro West Surplus Army Navy is where I go it's close and I always seem to find a little something I never had.
it's on rt 12 west boylston

new%20hampshire%20liquor.jpg
Do they sell cigarettes?

I wouldn't mind seeing an Emergency Essentials store or the like in the great state of New Hampshire. Just imagine isles of freeze dried/dehydrated food, MRE's, and emergency food bars that could last for years. Would also make it allot easier to get some big water containers and not having to pay more for shipping.
Just my 2 cents, since I know that I would go a little broker every time I shopped there.
Charles.

It's a chain of stores with other shops in Boston [GASP], Salem MA, W Springfield, Conway NH, Newington CT, Scarborough ME and opening soon in Saugus.

Looked at Major Surplus website and for milsurp gear they have Ammo cans, backpacks, clothing, knives, cots, etc. I'm not finding the need for a Russian Paratrooper's helmet at the moment. So Target, Wallyworld, and BassPro or Cabela's for me. I stop at Cabela's in Hartford just about every time I drive by.

Army Barracks does have some milsurp clothing from other countries that isn't readily found elsewhere. And camo face paint. The rest of it is Halloween costumes for college students.[laugh]

I would love to see a Honeyvill Grain store around here as well. It would be a great place to go shop, and would a be good alternative to BJ's Wholesale Club and Costco.

Geared towared the prepper/survivalist.

A place like this:

http://www.majorsurplus.com/RetailStore.aspx

A place that sells all types of survival, gear, dehy food, supplies equipment, surplus

Do you honestly think there would be a market for that around here?

How about a store that sells things like batteries, generators, ammo, flashlights, water jugs, and I guess seasonal items (snow shovels, seeds in summer, etc.)?

I guess Klem's in Spencer has all that stuff.

We have GI Joe's here in North Attleboro, they sell some stuff, cooking supplies, MREs, and some gear...

This place isn't bad. They have a lot of surplus military clothing but not much in the way of, "survival" gear really. Although the guy has a cool collection of cold war era stuff. He has a cold war era Soviet pilot's helmet (white with the red star in the middle) that's really cool.

I have bought some of my stuff at Harbor Freight Tools. Depending on what you're getting some of the tools and accessories are a great deal. Some of the stuff is cheaply made though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about cases of fresh MRE's and some #10 cans of stuff. I have purchased some stuff from emergency essentials and we loved the sliced apples. Also how about some bulk dry beans to store away, you can get rice and popcorn very easily but no place for beans. Stuff like canned or boxed water would also be nice to be able to find around here. Finding hand cranked food prep items would also be nice. I already have a Wonder mill junior, but would like to get a hand blender and a solar oven to just be prepared. Thats what I would like to see in a survival store, not a bunch of pins and patches, air crap guns and other Halloween dress up stuff.

How about cases of fresh MRE's and some #10 cans of stuff. I have purchased some stuff from emergency essentials and we loved the sliced apples. Also how about some bulk dry beans to store away, you can get rice and popcorn very easily but no place for beans. Stuff like canned or boxed water would also be nice to be able to find around here. Finding hand cranked food prep items would also be nice. I already have a Wonder mill junior, but would like to get a hand blender and a solar oven to just be prepared. Thats what I would like to see in a survival store, not a bunch of pins and patches, air crap guns and other Halloween dress up stuff.

Walmart sells dried pinto beans in 8 pound bags for about $8. It's not as cheap as I would have hoped to find, but I was able to fill a few 5 gallon pails without breaking the bank or paying for shipping.

Walmart sells dried pinto beans in 8 pound bags for about $8. It's not as cheap as I would have hoped to find, but I was able to fill a few 5 gallon pails without breaking the bank or paying for shipping.

Our crap Walmart only sells the little 1# bags. I might have to take the big 25 minute drive to the other Walmart one day to see what they stock.

I want to give a plug for Survival Supplies Plus in Manchester, NH. They are at 571 Mast Road, Rt 114, green building right next to the McDonalds on the Goffstown line. They have a lot of good stuff, really geared for prepping not mil surplus. Nice guys there, they could use some more business. Their website is www.survivalsuppliesnh.com and FB is www.facebook.com.SurvivalSuppliesPlus

Back
Top Bottom