Survival Point Shooting Video + others

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick answer is where is your proof to back up anything you say?

The NYPD data covered THOUSANDS of combat cases, so even if you tossed out a hundred here and a hundred there, the results would be just about the same.

In the summaries you're referring to, those factors aren't taken into account. All distances are not equal. A shooting with 5 feet of distance is completely different on a foot pursuit up a flight of stairs than it is when a cop is firing into a moving vehicle from 5 feet, or when he's firing across the counter of a bustling restauraunt at 5 feet. Some situations demand the use of sights, others prohibit it. There's more to this than distance.

The Kehoe brothers encounter is detailed in an article on my site. It was the reason I began my journey into the world of the gun.

Before I saw it on TV, I thought you folks in the gun world knew what you were doing.

The TV clip clearly shows that not to be the case as neither hit anything but air. I have a couple of copies of the TV clip recorded at that time or soon after. If you watch it several times, you will find that the narrative and the video differ as to what was taking place.

We can see the Deputy firing, hear the noise and see his gun jumping, and it doesn't look like he's using his sights.

You're basing this off of a TV clip?!? Both cops used their sights, one tripped while backpedaling off camera. Do the in depth reviews you've read on the subject mention a weapon malfunction? Were the suspects actually hit by the cops bullets? Everyone knows Chevie wasn't hit, but Cheyne put on a vest before the fun started; was he able to keep fighting because of the vest or because he wasn't hit at all? Did any of them mention the officers statements regarding the quality of their own training and possible issues they saw there, in hindsight after the shooting?

None of that info made it to TV, BTW.

Again where is your proof via broad based scientific studies and stats of more than incidental, albeit important events?

The most in depth and thorough studies done on the subject have been done to avoid the petty agency politics, posturing and trainer penis waggling that come into play when it's done internally.

Be that as it may be, let's look at the studies done by several police agencies, the FBI, or anyone else, which can inform gun buyers, cops, and military folks of what they can expect in a real close quarters life threat situation, and importantly, which shooting method works the best or better than most in such situations. Sadly there are none or rest assured I would already have had several shoved down my throat. :)

If LE shootings were going as poorly as you're describing then ODMP would have a heck of a lot more names listed. What you're asking for is impossible, for reasons that have been beaten to death in other studies. The info is very difficult to compile, when you mix in agency/union regs on shootings, fears of lawsuits, and negative action against the cop at work based on statements they make, you're left with a lot of missing details. When a cop dials the magic FOP number after using their gun in the line of duty, they are given very specific instructions that are based on the many other things that can go wrong.

I await studies and their proof, and will gladly publish it (with permission), on my site for all to see.

You're going to have a long wait ahead of you if your good guy lifesaving plans include explicit internet publication.

As to Gabe's sight, see above. There are resident web thugs on lots of forums, who are ready to slam anyone who presents material that they don't personally approve of.

Just like the true Sight Shooter believers mouthing off about the necessity to aim when you train, I try to respond where and when allowed to, and sometimes even start a thread on Point Shooting which is an aimed method of shooting depending on the brand, and deadly effective at close quarters.

That true believer Sight Shooters don't like it is their problem.

To make a long story short, or end this discussion:

Where are all the secret studies of the effectiveness of Sight Shooting in close quarters gunfights???

Trot em on out or identify whose keeping them away from the millions of law abiding US citizens who have bought a gun with the thought that they would be able to use it in their defense or the defense of loved ones???

Must be a conspiracy of the Police and Gun Makers to keep info from gun owners that the gun owners could use to save their own lives, don't wyou think???

Sorry but I don't buy into BS like that.

Again and I don't wish to sound like a broken record, but just trot out your stats and studies and pics and videos that show that Sight Shooting is effective for use in close quarters life threat situations, and I will not only applaude them, but add them to my page that is awaiting them and has been for a few years now.

I have been looking for them since before 2000, and they are not available, or in existence.

They're like flying saucers.

I'm sure they exist somewhere, as real people believe in them, but count me as a doubter until a flock of them makes a fly over my house in formation, and low and slow.

[grin][smile][grin]

Again and I don't wish to sound like a broken record
No, actually you do want to sound like a broken record. That's your thing. That is all you post about. We heard you. We don't believe you.

Learn to talk about something else or go away.

Just like the true Sight Shooter believers mouthing off about the necessity to aim when you train...

You say "Sight Shooters" as if there are two "competing schools of thought" on this. Instead of "Sight Shooters," try using "The Rest Of The f***ing World," because you're pretty much out there on your own with this crazy shit.

Nice polite, thoughtful, logical, and fact filled response.

It's obvious youse need some time to gather up your facts, figs, pics, and vids that say/show that Sight Shooting is effective in close quarters life threat situations.

That'll be the day. [grin][laugh2]

Happy New Year.

Dude, you were run out from Gabe Suarez's forum for your constant hawking of your stupid, useless technique.

The Army doesn't teach that crap. The Vermont State Police, contrary to your insistent claims, doesn't teach it either.

Nobody teaches it. Nobody cares.

[troll]

ETA: You and FirearmPops should get together to train.........

That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw his video, I was waiting for the gnarly guitar riff to kick in [rofl]

I think Jose and GSG have said it best. You're out of your skull here, dude.

At this point you're not even bothering to respond to their questions, you're just posting more bloviation. I'm surprised you haven't tried to sell us any of those fruity finger shelf things to glue to the side of a handgun.

Next thing you know you're going to tell us that you're a Scientologist and we're going to get a lecture on body thetans. [rofl]

Nice trolling... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom