Survival Deals

I haven't really followed the price of these at all but they seem like pretty good deals... free shipping with Prime too... Make sure you use the link thru COMM2A's page if you purchase them

Mountain House Pasta Primavera #10 Can on Amazon $13.17

Mountain House Mexican Style Chicken and Rice #10 Can on Amazon $12.97

Mountain House Chicken a la King with Noodles #10 Can on Amazon $18.19

That price is for 1st time Subscribe and Save users. Great prices though.

That price is for 1st time Subscribe and Save users. Great prices though.

Earlier in the day it must have been a mistake then because the subscribe and save was another 20% on top of the prices I posted. It's now showing the base price when I follow that link. I should have jumped on it :|

24-Piece Enamel Camping Tableware Set

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DFZYZFI/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

It looks like some of these sellers have this set mispriced. Like $2.58 with free shipping.

All the sellers are just launched. It's likely a scam. I had this happen with a too cheap mora knife.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Paid with a credit card and will dispute if needed

What the seller i ordered from did was ship something, not the knife, to not my address from china. This presumably gave them a tracking number to give to amazon so they got paid.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Got notification mine was cancelled today.

Yeah thats the one. came across that a while after I posted. Pretty sure the sale is over already anyway.

Search for "steals and deals". Search bot is like "Huh?! Nevah heard of it...OHHH you meant deals and steals. Thats different." Wtf?[laugh]

I think I searched for steals and deals....had to go through a few pages before I found it though.....LOL.

MRE depot is having a 20% off sale on freeze dried Military surplus. It ends on 9-11. Use promo code MS10
#10 can of chicken breast is $40, pork chops $52, Tomato powder $20. All product are recently produced.

MREdepot is having another sale on military surplus items. I just purchased a couple of #10 cans of freeze dried chicken breasts, there is 12 breasts per can. They are $40. per can when you use code MS18.
They have a lot of other types of F.D. cans, steak, fish, lobster.

MREdepot is having another sale on military surplus items. I just purchased a couple of #10 cans of freeze dried chicken breasts, there is 12 breasts per can. They are $40. per can when you use code MS18.
They have a lot of other types of F.D. cans, steak, fish, lobster.

What's the taste factor on those? Would they be good for regular meals? I'm thinking of a long road trip this summer off grid.

At $40/12 can that's over $3 per breast. Maybe $6/lbs?

Would making chicken jerky with $0.20/lbs chicken from Restaurant Depot be a better return?

How does one prepare a meal with freeze dried chicken?

What's the taste factor on those? Would they be good for regular meals? I'm thinking of a long road trip this summer off grid.

They taste like chicken.[smiley face]
You rehydrate the chicken by placing it in warm water for 20-30 minutes. Then you cook it like any other raw chicken. If you only want to cook a couple of chicken breasts, you place the chicken you don't use in a zip lock baggy and suck out the air. They will be good for 30 days without refrigeration.

At $40/12 can that's over $3 per breast. Maybe $6/lbs?

Would making chicken jerky with $0.20/lbs chicken from Restaurant Depot be a better return?

How does one prepare a meal with freeze dried chicken?
Making jerky would be a lot cheaper than F.D. The big difference is the shelf life. Jerky is about 1 year vs F.D. is about 30 years.
You prepare F.D. chicken as you would raw chicken, the only difference is you have to rehdrate the F.D. chicken first.

Back
Top Bottom