Survival Deals

This is what I'm thinking. The cheaper priced one is most likely their "Everyday" sized can, which equals one of those containers of coffee you buy at the store. Then they sell #10 can size and work up to buckets from there.

I just checked my order info on my email, they are #10 cans.

ing

It looks like they are constantly changing their price. This morning they were selling the same can for $16.

sorry for the late response it was $16.01 for the #10 can. when i see a good price i just jump on it. their prices could fluctuate

sorry for the late response it was $16.01 for the #10 can. when i see a good price i just jump on it. their prices could fluctuate

Yes, that is what I paid. A few hours later they were selling the same thing for $26.
I've never tried Augason Farms. Are they comparable to Mountain House?

Yes, that is what I paid. A few hours later they were selling the same thing for $26.
I've never tried Augason Farms. Are they comparable to Mountain House?

i find they both have the same quality but mountain house has more meals with real meat. augason i feel is more geared to long term storage items my only complaint is with their artificial meat additives in some meals and how long it takes them to ship. i stock them both.

Augason products are like half the price on Walmart.com with free shipping over $50

the deal i posted was a #10 can of chicken alfredo for $16, walmart has it for $23 and augason is selling it for $36 right now. I find no vendor can touch augasons deal prices when they come up. but you have to check daily. even the woot deals i check against amazon and sometimes amazon is cheaper.

filet Mignon jerky, from 3 jerks jerky.
i saw their ad on shark tank. yes it is a ad. cuz it got me to buy two of them which they have still not delivered because of the shark tank overflow. anyways i bought the original and hamburger, anyone tried it yet?

http://www.threejerksjerky.com/

Don't know if this qualifies, but last night at walmart in north reading was a clearance section next to the outdoors. They had leatherman products on clearance, a wave was $45 (best price on amazon, about $75ish). They did have a whole bunch of them. Not sure if this is at all walmarts, but if you want a 'real' leatherman, this was a very good deal. Didn't check online store.

Thanks for posting. I just got the diced potatoes too. There's only about 17,000 calories in the bucket, but potatoes will be a nice change from the rice and beans I have. Plus, I like the 25 year shelf life.

Tempting, but that's only 1,700 calories for about $45 shipped.

yes the freeze dried beef is not cheap anywhere. chicken is usually a better price. my indicator is if they are cheaper than walmarts prices on the same item i will buy it. I also have wondered if there is a fat loss during the freeze drying process. i also store spam but that will get old quick. personally i 'm just looking for some type of protien to add to dishes if and when i hit my stores and i really don't know what to think of their meat substitute items. something about fake meat just turns me off

Interesting. Is cost per calorie a common way to look at it?
I don't know about other people, but for planning for a real SHTF situation I look at food as fuel. It's just calories and vitamins. I just wish peanut butter could have a shelf life of 10 years. It's got a great balance of carbs, protein and fat and it's dense cheap calories.

I don't know about other people, but for planning for a real SHTF situation I look at food as fuel. It's just calories and vitamins. I just wish peanut butter could have a shelf life of 10 years. It's got a great balance of carbs, protein and fat and it's dense cheap calories.

Same here, I keep it always loaded in my FIFO rack though.

I'm eating peanut butter 5 years old (2010 purchase) and it's fine. Maybe I'll put one aside and save it for 5 more to try. I store A LOT of peanut butter. But I have My wife, I and three kids to feed.

Peanut butter is super dense calories. 25 years ago I did some "semi-bush flying" in the Yukon territory and Alaska. Canada and Alaska required carrying survival gear including 10,000 calories per person on board. I was space and weight limited. A 4lb jar has 10,600 calories so I got 2.

Good to know. Thanks for the replies. Im a peanut butter hoarder myself. [thumbsup]

I've been getting Skippy at Costco in those big jar 3 packs 48oz ea, for $11.00, anyone have some good other sources? (I'm a peanut butter snob at this point, only use Skippy)

Back
Top Bottom