• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Survival Deals

well i missed this, (wasnt in my town anyway). is there any intrest in getting NES a group rate? not sure how many we need to get the rate...
i "missed" the order by date for the town next door...i ordered one anyways and picked it up yesterday morning. [smile]
also, the town where i picked my barrel up had some kind of recycle expo going on. there were tons of vendors selling things like compost bins, light bulbs and other "green" items, the catch was that they had to be ordered in advance. so if worcester is offering these at some sort of "green" event you might want to see if any deals are available on other items.....

Saw these and it looked like a decent price. Probably not the best quality but would work in a pinch for $15

4 Kerosene Hurricane Lanterns $15 + FS

I think I bought these same lanterns in a similar deal on Sportsman's Guide last year. This website looks a lot like the SG website, I wonder if they are related.

The ones I got were pretty comparable to the $5 lanterns from Walmart, but quite a bit smaller. This site says 12" high, but I think that was stretching a bit for the ones I got.

I did fill one and light it. It worked.

Edit: Check out post #109 in this thread for a side by side comparison photo.

I went ahead and ordered four of the lanterns from post #213. They are NOT the tiny Guide Gear lanterns that I had bought previously. They are a little taller, and do not have the tiny round globes. They seem similar in size and quality to the Walmart lanterns.

For $15, shipped, you couldn't go wrong. Plus, they always include a free sample of 5 Hour Energy when you buy from them, which is probably worth a couple bucks.

The deal is expired now, but thanks for posting it. I literally have lanterns up to my ass.

Saw something new at Walmart - Gardner today. Sterno - Liquid Fuel Candles. Just like the ones that sell at Emergency Essentials - but these include the wind screen - about $5 each. I would have been on them, but I just bought a case on sale from EE a little while ago.

I got a little excited when I just received an email from Midway that they have refurbished Daisy air rifles for $19.99. I figured I would grab another one, just for the hell of it.

Add it to the cart, and there is a $16.97 fee for 'special processing and handling' and a $3 charge for some other BS, bringing the total to $40.

No thank you.

I got a little excited when I just received an email from Midway that they have refurbished Daisy air rifles for $19.99. I figured I would grab another one, just for the hell of it.

Add it to the cart, and there is a $16.97 fee for 'special processing and handling' and a $3 charge for some other BS, bringing the total to $40.

No thank you.

I think they're $34 new at Wallyworld. lol

Walmart in Hudson, MA has 2-packs of 15LB kingsford charcoal for 8.93. They were right inside the door to the left on a pallet, and I think they are being wholesaled out because they were packaged for Memorial Day

I guess this wasn't such a fabulous deal, because there were 2 20 pound bags of kingston charcoal packaged up for 9.88 at Home Depot

They good knives ? I really like the Spyderco with the claw type blade. I forget the name. Buck and Spyderco have been good to me, might want one of these if they're decent though.

I have an ESEE Izula that I sometimes wear behind my belt buckle. I like it. They use high carbon steel for it's hardness and how well it takes an edge, so it does rust if not taken care of, but MAN does it stay sharp. C-pher did a group buy with them a little while back and that is what turned me on to them, after a little bit of internetting, I read enough to buy into them.

Here are the specs on the ESEE 4. http://www.eseeknives.com/esee-4.htm

Last edited:
Not a "survival deal" per se, but certainly a preparedness one - Costco Nashua right now has a Champion dual fuel 7kw (9kw peak) gennie with electric statr for <$600. Runs on gas and propane. It made my wallet smolder but I didn't jump. Specs are here.

Survival tip: put a real muffler on your gen. Plenty of cheap motorcycle or small car options out there and if you're the scavenging type easily found at a your local dump/salvage yard and attached with a. Simple hose clamp.

I have an ESEE Izula that I sometimes wear behind my belt buckle. I like it. They use high carbon steel for it's hardness and how well it takes an edge, so it does rust if not taken care of, but MAN does it stay sharp. C-pher did a group buy with them a little while back and that is what turned me on to them, after a little bit of internetting, I read enough to buy into them.

Here are the specs on the ESEE 4. http://www.eseeknives.com/esee-4.htm

Behind your buckle? Is that common??

Survival tip: put a real muffler on your gen. Plenty of cheap motorcycle or small car options out there and if you're the scavenging type easily found at a your local dump/salvage yard and attached with a. Simple hose clamp.
Great tip, never thought of that!

idk, I tried it and it worked out for me.

I EDC my ESEE 3 horizontally, kind of lashed across by belt right where the belt buckle sits. perfect spot for it and it hides nicely under any shirt. With regards to your question about quality, IMO its one of the best knives out available. And their warranty is top-notch. Damage or break it, send it in for a replacement. No questions asked. No timeframe. Great knives.

I EDC my ESEE 3 horizontally, kind of lashed across by belt right where the belt buckle sits. perfect spot for it and it hides nicely under any shirt. With regards to your question about quality, IMO its one of the best knives out available. And their warranty is top-notch. Damage or break it, send it in for a replacement. No questions asked. No timeframe. Great knives.

So I got the ESEE 4 I ordered a little while back, that thing is bad ass. It is exactly what I was looking for in a camp knife, heavy but not huge, the sheath is actually pretty good, and it is sharp as hell. Worth the money I spent, IMO.

I was able to flush out my BO bags and bug in closet on the cheap between Walmart, Home Depot, and Job Lots. I tell my wife I'm excited about taking the kids camping when they get older and she turns a blind eye to my shopping.

Job Lots is great for canned goods, canning jars, misc camping equipment. Lights like head lamps you can get on the cheap at Home Depot + batteries on the cheap. At Walmart I'm able to get stuff like mess kits and the like.

Back
Top Bottom