Survey: What prep turned out to be most useful in Pandemic?

What prep turned out to be most useful in Pandemic of 2020?

• Total voters
So, a question for the tech guys/gals that are working remotely. Do you get a sense that this is an area where employers will try to keep these skills in the U.S. as opposed to farming it out to India? Hopefully we will bring a lot of manufacturing back for sure. I am just curious what the perception is in regards to customer tech support. To be honest I just don't have an ear for most accents. This is compounded for me by the choice of words that people in other countries use for items.

I work daily with mostly people from other countries. Last year a lady came to me and asked for my help. She said "I have a puncha." I told her that I didn't know what that was. She just kept repeating it without changing any words. She got frustrated with me. Eventually she got to "My car. The tire. I have a puncha." She had a flat tire and was calling it a puncture.

She might have been from Lynn.

For some companies, I think they'll start to shrink their office space to reduce costs and allow people to be remote, but as mentioned above... what's the difference between someone in Foxborough or someone in Bangalore.
The Foxboroughite has a slightly better chance of getting a Federal security clearance?

A few years ago I realized how dependent I am on the internet for just about everything. A pandemic wasn't on my top 5 prep for list. Realizing how a grid down situation would really suck, I started a few binders with hard copies of useful information just in case I'm ever disconnected long term.
Realized that too when my power went down and my phone died. Love your idea. I'm definitely doing that as well. Might even laminate some of the more important stuff considering how much time I have now.

so I am planning for the next pandemic.

The wife just had a crap ton of food delivered over the weekend. then she ran out and bought some more stuff yesterday. Then today she came running in all excited that she got a delivery time for today.

Only problem is we do not have anymore room in the fridge.

So I bought another fridge. the only stipulation she had is that it goes int he garage and it be smaller than our existing fridge.

Well, it's not going on the garage and it's bigger than our existing fridge.

So one down .....

Next...the backup generator, probably in the fall.

Is this the "Safe Queen" everyone is always talking about?

Dan-Bilzerian-guns.jpg

A few years ago I realized how dependent I am on the internet for just about everything. A pandemic wasn't on my top 5 prep for list. Realizing how a grid down situation would really suck, I started a few binders with hard copies of useful information just in case I'm ever disconnected long term.
Keep meaning to do this. I have a million PDFs saved but have been wanting to print them out forever

I have carried a 100 pack of latex (I am not allergic) gloves in my truck forever. They were in case I had to render first aid while on the road. They fit well and were invaluable when gloves went OOS. Did not see gloves on the list.

It's not about the allergies - latex are inferior to nitrile in almost every conceivable way. If those are more than a year or two old, you should really replace them. Latex gloves rot faster than you'd think. They also tear much easier than nitrile, and are mostly skin tone in color, making it harder to see when they;ve failed in use.

It's not about the allergies - latex are inferior to nitrile in almost every conceivable way. If those are more than a year or two old, you should really replace them. Latex gloves rot faster than you'd think. They also tear much easier than nitrile, and are mostly skin tone in color, making it harder to see when they;ve failed in use.
I was in my Bronco today, a vehicle I seldom use. I stopped at my mailbox and reached for a latex glove I keep in the glovebox for fueling at dirty pumps (diesel) first glove tore, then the second tire the same way. Third time was the charm with nitrile.

I keep 1-200 latex gloves in my car, and that again in my shop. I go through them fast enough that they dont have time to rot. The Bronco will need them rotated though.

NES has been pretty damn useful, going on years now. what really started my two is one, one is none mentality was the gun world. I've applied that to many things since. the forum bring me entertainment, knowledge, and gets me thinking in ways I normally wouldn't. mind exercise if you will. keeps me thinking and striving to understand and learn more. things I'd never think of myself, schools of thought I don't have, but find useful. experience may be the best teacher, but they didn't say the experience had to be your own. I'm constantly reminded here at NES that it is a collective where we can all learn from the experiences of one another.

When the SHTF, what turned out to be the most important prep you had made?

Did SHTF for you? We just had to wfm and deal with cooped up kids. Most valuable prep was the setup I did for my wife this winter with monitor, docking station etc.

That and buying a lot of silver, it makes me smile.

Ample ammo supply. I've been trading one unobtainum for another.

My Foodsaver Vacuum saver, I've beat the crap out of it over the past 4 months and it just keeps going.

Back
Top Bottom