Survey for NRA instructors

paracarry

NES Member
Just curious. For Firearms Instructors what is the age of the oldest student that wanted to take a class. I recently had a 67 year old woman take the Basic Pistol course. She did very well. A packin Granny, I love it.

I remember a birthdate in the early 1930's a year or so ago. After the FID expirations in the early part of the century, there was a time we had more older participants who were told by the PDs that they needed to take the class to renew. We got a larger TV and added an amp and good speakers to boost the volume in response to that trend.

In Basic Pistol a year or so ago we had a woman in her 60's who had never so much as held a gun before. She did pretty good too.

Actually, I've never taken a course for the LTC. Only given them. My first LTC was issued in Medford 53 years ago. The interview consisted of chief Kerwin telling me what he would do to my sorry ass if I screwed up. Jack.

It's nice to know that people of all ages are interested in getting permits. I have had a few in there 20's but the majority are in the 35-50 range. Thanks in advance for all your input.

Back
Top Bottom