• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surprise!!! My wife just became an NRA life member!

Rutland , in the oppressive Republic of Massachuse
I get a text on my way home yesterday that she joined the NRA as a life member. This is really special because when we met back in 2014 she had just moved back here from Australia and before that she lived in DC for 25 years. Like most people who have never used a firearm before, she had a very scued idea of what gun owners are about.
She is not as rabid about shooting and competing as I am, but she has spent many Sundays hanging and shooting with the great people at clubs like Wallum and Harvard to see the truth about us gun owners. She had no idea that we are really not a bunch of Tackleberries.
I think the last straw for her was seeing a belt fed m16 or saw or whatever it was on ABC news while they were talking about semi-autos.

[rofl], classic.

OP, great to hear about you wife getting into shooting. Now you encourage her to host a ‘ladies night’ at the range with her girl friends.

Her shooting is very precise. Steel challenge, all center hits. Falling plates, she shoots clean most of the time. I have hinted to her that she should sacrifice some accuracy for more speed, but she almost always leaves feeling successful. She doesn't appreciate the pressure of competition, she's just there for some fun and comaradery!

Back
Top Bottom