• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surplus .308

PatMcD

NES Member
I need to know what the going rate is for surplus .308. I have a case of Portuguese I've had for a while (think I paid $169 for it) that my plumber wants in exchange for some work he's going to be doing here at the house. He's a friend/shooting buddy and I think he's going to be doing a bit more than this ammo is worth.

Look at gunbroker or any oher auction site,see what it has sold for in the recent past.I have seen most .308 sell for 85 cents to over a doller a round.Year and packaging affects cost.Some lots are known for hangfires or duds.

Look at gunbroker or any oher auction site,see what it has sold for in the recent past.I have seen most .308 sell for 85 cents to over a doller a round.Year and packaging affects cost.Some lots are known for hangfires or duds.

Nah,, Where did you hear that from?

You've got to be thinking of some other origin ammo, maybe Paki or Indian.

I've never heard of any Portugese .308 with any hangfires or duds. The stuff that came into this country came in vinyl battle packs and was some of the best, cleanest, most surefire .308 surplus sold in the past twenty years and loaded with match grade bullets. I've belted up and shot many cases of it of the years and watched others shoot cases upon cases of it never once had a bad round.

The stuff was as good and on par with the South African stuff that was around for a while.

Back
Top Bottom