Surgery prep - what to do with the armory? JIC

WRONG! (again)

Try reading the entire thread before posting next time.

Noni didn't read the whole thread......but it is my understanding From the time the will is settled you have 180 days. Which in reality means she has much longer than 180 days right?

Are we really jumping on me for not being exactly specific?

Don't quote me but I think she has time to arrange for them
To get moved as long as they are locked up properly .

Not to be a dick, but why does your wife not have an LTC? She does realize that she's potentially in a heap of legal trouble if you die and she suddenly comes into possession of a bunch of guns and doesn't have an LTC, right? Anyway, you probably won't die from foot surgery, so you'll probably have plenty more time to convince your wife that its a good, pragmatic idea for her to get licensed, even if she doesn't like guns.

Good freaking christ, its one thing to be wrong, its another thing when the correct information, and the source from law, is cited above!

One danger is situations like this is the heir often will not have the training on gun safety (how to make sure every gun in the cache is unloaded), and the law (there is no exemption from the "safe storage" requirement even when one is covered by heirism).

Noni didn't read the whole thread......but it is my understanding From the time the will is settled you have 180 days. Which in reality means she has much longer than 180 days right?

Are we really jumping on me for not being exactly specific?

Not being nit-picky. If the Wife is distributing guns to others per the will, she NEVER has to get a LTC or FID to do so, period. The 180 days from settlement of the estate only applies if the Wife decides to keep the guns, in which case she has 180 days from settlement of the estate (grace period) to get licensed. I'm 99% sure that I posted it above in this thread (if not in a similar thread within the past couple of days).

Don't quote me but I think she has time to arrange for them
To get moved as long as they are locked up properly .

Again, no need to move anything, except if needed to lock them up.

Good freaking christ, its one thing to be wrong, its another thing when the correct information, and the source from law, is cited above!

Reading comprehension on NES is a lost art!

One danger is situations like this is the heir often will not have the training on gun safety (how to make sure every gun in the cache is unloaded), and the law (there is no exemption from the "safe storage" requirement even when one is covered by heirism).

True and true.

WORST thing that a widow can do is go to the police for advice on inheritance. The police will either confiscate the guns (it's happened before and was posted here on NES more than once in the past) or tell the widow to go to an FFL (whereby non-list/non-AG approved handguns are "lost"-can't be transferred to a MA resident).

She is well versed in them and has shot and cleaned most of them.

We dropped off her LTC paperwork today, so hopefully no worries anymore.

I also went through and Made a little price tag for everything, I told her to put everything in the classifieds here!

I'm not concerned, just like to be prepared, and thanks to all for advice, I now am.

yeah, like said 180 days to move the firearms. But more importantly, about all those photos you have saved on your computer.....

She is well versed in them and has shot and cleaned most of them.

We dropped off her LTC paperwork today, so hopefully no worries anymore.

I also went through and Made a little price tag for everything, I told her to put everything in the classifieds here!

I'm not concerned, just like to be prepared, and thanks to all for advice, I now am.

Now that everything is straightened out, Good luck with your surgery.

Good luck doc.

"When you can think of no more reason to do so - continue"
-F. N. Landry
- February 18, 1960

Best of luck. Let us know when you are back on your feet/foot ;p

You will do fine,God will be watching over you.Watch out for the pain med's they can bind you up big time.One of the surgeries I had I was so bounded up,that I almost had to do larmaze class to take a shit.

IMG_0342_2-683x1024.jpg

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
~Matt

You will do fine,God will be watching over you.Watch out for the pain med's they can bind you up big time.One of the surgeries I had I was so bounded up,that I almost had to do larmaze class to take a shit.

After two days they said to try a bottle of magnesium citrate. Half a bottle, then wait 2 hrs, then the second half if nothing explosive happens. Nothing happened after the second half, but it worked the next morning. Then I restarted a reduced amount of pain meds.

Last edited:
Consider one of these if you cannot put any pressure on the foot during recovery. It worked well for me. I still have an older heavy duty model. Good luck

http://iwalk-free.com/

Made it through surgery, staying over night in the hospital, everything went well. Thanks for the well wishes

Thanks, I got that a couple of weeks ago, a lifesaver from crutches. Iwalk2.0

Back
Top Bottom