• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surf Casting the cape in the fall

Not seeing any recent threads.
what places are good for surf casting on cape cod this time of year. I am not seeing a lot of recommendations online.
i do have a 4x4 suv and can get in to the beaches if needed, but not sure where/if i need to buy a sand permit--would love a spot where i do NOT need to buy a permit

for some reason, i have an urge to go fishing for a couple of days before it starts to snow.
what is the best to fish for too, and what lures/bait?

I was thinking further out on the cape, even out to race point. but i know nothing, school me.

Nauset Beach Orleans. Talk to the guys in local shops. Beautiful out there, fish or no fish. And you could easily see a Great White.

Where are you located? The bulk of the fish have headed south and are concentrated in RI right now. You could look for some schoolies around the canal and points south.

i'll tell you, we had some fun. the weather was like summer time. most of the restaurants were still open.
no bites, but we did see some seals. Had to cut the trip short for a medical issue that popped up.
i think next year i will get an NFS oversand permit and spend some time checking out the cape. i was going to do it this time, but did not have the wood jack square and shovel that they inspect for.

it is closer for us to go to places like plum island, so we will be up there too next spring

i'll tell you, we had some fun. the weather was like summer time. most of the restaurants were still open.
no bites, but we did see some seals. Had to cut the trip short for a medical issue that popped up.
i think next year i will get an NFS oversand permit and spend some time checking out the cape. i was going to do it this time, but did not have the wood jack square and shovel that they inspect for.

it is closer for us to go to places like plum island, so we will be up there too next spring
The National Seashore dbags shut down most of the trails from Truro to Ptown for most of the season now cuz piping plovers. It closed in late June this year and re-opened in late August. Don’t waste $ on a season pass..

Back
Top Bottom