Surefire flashlights

I recently got a NiteCore MT10C for EDC and am loving it. I have a couple of rechargeable batteries for it and it can also use a standard CR123.

I was a Surefire dealer for years. From the original P3, P6 and P9 until the late 2000’s.

Great stuff. Best in class in the beginning.

Problem was always how they treated the dealers after they got really big. I pissed off corporate many times. They got arrogant and I got annoyed.

Sold a ton, but they did all they could to destroy internet dealers as now they were big enough to sell direct and get the whole pie.

Just a quick insight.

I Dremeled the hell out of a SF AR15 forend light to get a carry handle optic forward mount to fit. Years later, the light failed. They gave me sh*t for carving up the SF light but gave me a new one.

When reputation matters more than a few bucks, that’s what good companies do.

My grip with Surefire is their lack of support on rechargeable proprietary batteries

Anybody else take a look at Fenix flashlights? I consider them to be the same quality as surefire, with a better price.

Interesting feature, USB rechargeable batteries. Never had a battery that could be recharged with usb...it is a handy feature.

I got a PD25 as a gift and loved it, except for battery life, maybe 8 hours on one of the lower settings.

Got a E35, much brighter but the on off switch is hard to find in the dark.

Finally got a PD36 and it goes with me everywhere.

I can say a 3000 lumen flashlight is bright and hot, I usually run it at mid brightness to make the battery last longer. Worth a look in my opinion if you are a flashlight person.

Fenix
I bought two Fenex flashlights. One is still working. One crapped out very quickly. Fenix replaced it. The replacement crapped out. Fenix replaced it. Now, this one too has crapped out. I'm done with it. Though the defective lights were replaced, customer service was so difficult to deal with that I'm done with them.

95% of my weapon lights are Surefire. So far I’m a fan. I haven’t beat on them yet.

I think my father took my only Surefire hand flashlight. Probably lost it in a cow field.

Good pistol lights but I prefer Cloud Defensive for long guns. Surefire and Modlite skipped the goldilocks light. It’s either high flood/low throw or the opposite. Their flashlights are meh and need more settings for battery life. Almost all their offerings now are basically switching between moonlight and turning on the sun.

You missed out on a great deal on eBay. The guy says they’re slightly used but they look like shit. $600 worth of flashlights for about 150$.. If I wasn’t broke I would’ve bought them…

While there are better options for weapons lights… You should see my surefire/nightvision Combo…

The only thing I’m lacking is the clip on Coti for thermal overlay…. I’m basically blind and that’s why I love my night vision. The next thing I would buy is some hearing aids.

I’m also pretty sure my surefire lights were built by Peltz… Or whatever company makes on my rock climbing gear. They make some bad ass lights to

I’m also pretty sure my surefire lights were built by Peltz… Or whatever company makes on my rock climbing gear. They make some bad ass lights to
Petzl: They make absolutely outsanding headlamps. I have probably 10 of them. The actik core rechargables are so good!

I’ve never met a company that stands behind their product more than them..

They’ll send you a free parts for a 13-year-old flashlight.. As long as you don’t lose it, You’re good to go I probably have like $3500 worth of their products.. They just won’t die.

If you think it’s crazy to pay $300 for a flashlight do the math, after 13 years they’ll still Support their product..

The only company that has ever been more satisfactory is my belt fed A.R. 15. They give you a one-year warranty unlimited round count.. They sent me a free $5,000 upper… They just wanted the old one back after 85,000 rounds.

I wasn’t sending my money to “ Shanghai “when I can get perfectly good parts here in America
Been so long since I heard the surefire name.

Petzl GRIGRI Belay Device.​

It’s one of the few brand-name piece of gear I actually own. The rest of my ascenders and descenders. Are Chinese crap that don’t instill confidence

My grip with Surefire is their lack of support on rechargeable proprietary batteries
You’re right they don’t have the best policy on that. I have a headlamp that has a sealed rechargeable battery I’m always worry about going bad especially if left Ddead . But it’s lasted forever so I can’t really complain.

What I can’t figure out is the plastic lanyard ring is actually indestructible.
I ... Actually have a scar from one being snapped.
IMG_20220221_210313980.jpg

The e1e franken light has a fan made freestanding tail which makes it the best camping light on the planet.

Front is an L1 with a k2 head from another similar gen light I have upstairs.

That L1 caught on a metal rack in my pocket when stuff went a little stuffy on deck and popped the plastic clip. Left a nasty welt I didn't even notice until the next day as I had a crushed hand.

Light is still 100% in duty cycle.

Also have a g2 nitilon in cycle, but my day carry has been nightcore for a while due to the simple action and recharge.

I ran a 4sevens quark tactical until it stopped doing multi mode and went single beam.

Sure fires were life-lights. I hope they still are new, but I also thing the current tier of Nightcore are up to it.

I've probably beat on them more, at a time in my life when I couldn't afford a replacement for my Surefire, and needed more lumens.

Edit. Why did Nitecore get autocorrected to nightforce twice ..

I bought a nice one (fury dft) last year and can't find it now. My kids kept taking it and playing with it and I was afraid my son was going to sear my daughter's retinas shining at her so I took it away and put it somewhere they, and apparently I, would never find it.

Moral of the story: don't have kids.
That's a variant of cleaning things up and finding a good place to store things. Then, you can't find them anymore, lol.

Petzl GRIGRI Belay Device.​

It’s one of the few brand-name piece of gear I actually own. The rest of my ascenders and descenders. Are Chinese crap that don’t instill confidence
Dibs on your gun collection.

That's a variant of cleaning things up and finding a good place to store things. Then, you can't find them anymore, lol.
hqdefault.jpg

So I’ve never been a fan of frog lube but didn’t want to put oil on my flashlight..I get wet constantly.. I put some frog lube on one of these flashlights and it got so rancid…. I’m not against frog lube if that’s what you want to use. But once it turns brown not only is it not a lubricant, what it is the grossest vegetable oil anyone has ever seen.

I could use a bunch of descriptive terms here but it’ll make your spit up in your mouth…

So they sent me 4 clips… Sounds like a lifetime supply. That’s awfully nice of them. I just didn’t want to lose my goddamn flashlight after all these years it’s starting to have sentimental value but I guess if I need another one I just go buy another one

Last edited:
I just applied for a job at surefire… No résumé or anything… I just figured why the hell not.

I wish I could get a recording of what I told them the other day… My guess would be as I use some pejorative term’s about people from Shanghai.

I have a few G2 nitrolon lights, I replaced the incan module with a P61 bright drop-in led. I use them all the time.

I contacted sure fire yesterday again. After well over a decade my lanyard ring broke.. Or I broke it either way. They’re sending me three more lanyard split clips… I was going to buy something online metal but I couldn’t find the parts I needed because this is a discontinued product. I can’t tell you how nice these people are For even putting up with me.. I don’t care if somebody makes “a better flashlight” I’ve never seen anybody stand behind their product like this…

I buy a new flashlight if I lost my current ones. But somehow they are indestructible and perfection at the same time… I was trying to pay them and they wouldn’t even take my money.. I don’t mind exploiting a warranty, but I don’t really like taking charity/free shit.

Long story short you can’t go wrong with a surefire I’ve yet to have a product fail. And if I did after a decade I would just buy another one they’re basically free if you divided by how long they last..

When I get out of work in the morning I’m gonna take a video of every surefire product own And explain how they don’t break.. Even the seal units with rechargeable batteries just don’t die.

Then I’m gonna writes reviews about other shit That just brakes and nobody stands behind.

I contacted sure fire yesterday again. After well over a decade my lanyard ring broke.. Or I broke it either way. They’re sending me three more lanyard split clips… I was going to buy something online metal but I couldn’t find the parts I needed because this is a discontinued product. I can’t tell you how nice these people are For even putting up with me.. I don’t care if somebody makes “a better flashlight” I’ve never seen anybody stand behind their product like this…

I buy a new flashlight if I lost my current ones. But somehow they are indestructible and perfection at the same time… I was trying to pay them and they wouldn’t even take my money.. I don’t mind exploiting a warranty, but I don’t really like taking charity/free shit.

Long story short you can’t go wrong with a surefire I’ve yet to have a product fail. And if I did after a decade I would just buy another one they’re basically free if you divided by how long they last..

When I get out of work in the morning I’m gonna take a video of every surefire product own And explain how they don’t break.. Even the seal units with rechargeable batteries just don’t die.

Then I’m gonna writes reviews about other shit That just brakes and nobody stands behind.
MGnoob, I agree about their quality. Expensive but top notch.
My issue is their lack of support of proprietary batteries

MGnoob, I agree about their quality. Expensive but top notch.
My issue is their lack of support of proprietary batteries
I agree but the only proprietary battery in one of my head lamps hasn’t failed yet… My only real complain about it. It gets so hot it makes my head sweat

Figured I’d resurrect this one of my surefire lights doesn’t work… I thought the battery was dead, but it just strobes… I haven’t called them yet because I feel like a scumbag. I’m gonna have to call them and see what they have to say. I’m not sure if you can takeoff the front part of the LED but I’ll tell you what it was definitely worth every penny and I still have a back up might be time to buy a new flashlight… I’ve used it every day since….IMG_2110.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom