Surefire flashlights

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
I’ve never met a company that stands behind their product more than them..

They’ll send you a free parts for a 13-year-old flashlight.. As long as you don’t lose it, You’re good to go I probably have like $3500 worth of their products.. They just won’t die.

If you think it’s crazy to pay $300 for a flashlight do the math, after 13 years they’ll still Support their product..

The only company that has ever been more satisfactory is my belt fed A.R. 15. They give you a one-year warranty unlimited round count.. They sent me a free $5,000 upper… They just wanted the old one back after 85,000 rounds.

I wasn’t sending my money to “ Shanghai “when I can get perfectly good parts here in America

I wasn’t spending $14 to get a knock off part when I know a company will stand behind their product. I don’t know why, they didn’t have to. I must’ve just put my lipstick on and suck some dick but I’m telling you they’re products are indestructible

Last edited:
What I can’t figure out is the plastic lanyard ring is actually indestructible.

I’ve never met a company that stands behind their product more than them..

They’ll send you a free parts for a 13-year-old flashlight.. As long as you don’t lose it, You’re good to go I probably have like $3500 worth of their products.. They just won’t die.

If you think it’s crazy to pay $300 for a flashlight do the math, after 13 years they’ll still Support their product..

The only company that has ever been more satisfactory is my belt fed A.R. 15. They give you a one-year warranty unlimited round count.. They sent me a free $5,000 upper… They just wanted the old one back after 85,000 rounds.

I wasn’t sending my money to “ Shanghai “when I can get perfectly good parts here in America
I gave a front sight mount and weapon light to a friend deploying to Afgahnistan back in 2002. Clearing a cave he fell hard and broke the mount and gouged the side of the light. He send me a picture of it which I forwarded to Surefire. They shipped him a new mount and light that day.

When the lights go out you can trust surefire…

Last edited:
I gave a front sight mount and weapon light to a friend deploying to Afgahnistan back in 2002. Clearing a cave he fell hard and broke the mount and gouged the side of the light. He send me a picture of it which I forwarded to Surefire. They shipped him a new mount and light that day.
Most of my rifles I used with night vision I have the IR and visible light with two clicks of a button. That’s my newer stuff I guarantee you it will last forever

Last edited:
Their products don’t even have a power Drain and you can leave the batteries in them even though they say you shouldn’t….. That shit indestructible and waterproof

It’s not like an Eotech… Or other various options.. That shits rocksolid less you loose it, And even then it last forever

I use them casually.. You get two years out of your cr123 batteries…I use them all them all the time and change them once a year..

My thermals eat batteries even when they’re not in use… I go through like 18 batteries in my two weeks of hunting season.

Working as a bouncer, I broke up a bad fight with a surefire invictus. Dude was getting stomped by a big group of people right in front of us. 1000 lumen strobelight in everyone's faces and the Quincy Death Metal voice got them to scatter. They messed the guy up real bad, if we hadn't intervened he would surely have died.

I use them casually.. You get two years out of your cr123 batteries…I use them all them all the time and change them once a year..

My thermals eat batteries even when they’re not in use… I go through like 18 batteries in my two weeks of hunting season.

Maybe its time to consider switching to 16650s?

Their products don’t even have a power Drain and you can leave the batteries in them even though they say you shouldn’t….. That shit indestructible and waterproof
I have a few that do have some power drain. I remember bringing it up to them years ago. they replaced one light for me, but I started just replacing the batteries with clock changes like I do the smoke detector batteries.

I'd have my money's worth of Surefire flashlights. . . . if I only owned one or two. I picked up something like 5 of the plastic original style ones. Stick one in each of a bunch of jackets. Leave them there. I don't ever think, "gee, do I have a flashlight?"

I think I got them on sale for $50 each at one point. Maybe less. All LED. Waterproof. Nice stuff. I love them.

Come to think of it, I haven't bought a Surefire in well over a decade. Good news/bad news - never had a malf.

I'd have my money's worth of Surefire flashlights. . . . if I only owned one or two. I picked up something like 5 of the plastic original style ones. Stick one in each of a bunch of jackets. Leave them there. I don't ever think, "gee, do I have a flashlight?"

I think I got them on sale for $50 each at one point. Maybe less. All LED. Waterproof. Nice stuff. I love them.

Come to think of it, I haven't bought a Surefire in well over a decade. Good news/bad news - never had a malf.
I replace mine every so often. Originally I had a bunch of the old 60 lumen incandescents, replaced those with early LEDs and then replaced those with brighter LEDs. I still have a some of the old ones like E2 and E1. For new I mostly buy G2 or G2Z and X300s. I stopped buying Scout lights and just have the X300s that I move from firearm to firearm.

I honestly think Modlite makes better weapon lights, and I really like the Cloud Defensive ones as well. But Surefire certainly is up there with the best.

Since I have so many I don’t change the battery like clockwork and every now and then I wind up with a dead light. I always got a couple cr123 batteries somewhere in the truck or wherever I am anyway.. Sometimes I got a couple years without changing the batteries if I don’t use them every day. But my main one is a champ I don’t typically leave it on.. I love their weapons lights though. The ir/visible light ones I have are pretty slick I’m not saying there’s not better ones on the market. But you can’t go wrong with a surefire … Anyone who keeps sending me free shit 13 years after the fact if somebody I wanna deal with

Yes, they are ok I guess. Not bad, definitely among the best ones out there.

I bought a nice one (fury dft) last year and can't find it now. My kids kept taking it and playing with it and I was afraid my son was going to sear my daughter's retinas shining at her so I took it away and put it somewhere they, and apparently I, would never find it.

Moral of the story: don't have kids.

I bought a nice one (fury dft) last year and can't find it now. My kids kept taking it and playing with it and I was afraid my son was going to sear my daughter's retinas shining at her so I took it away and put it somewhere they, and apparently I, would never find it.

Moral of the story: don't have kids.
I’ve had a crazy paranoia about people walk it off my flashlights. That’s why I always give chick shitty flashlight so they don’t steal mine not realizing I paid 300 for each one of them. It seems like a crazy price to pay for divide that by 12 years. Basically you get on a great flashlight for next to nothing

Anybody else take a look at Fenix flashlights? I consider them to be the same quality as surefire, with a better price.

Interesting feature, USB rechargeable batteries. Never had a battery that could be recharged with usb...it is a handy feature.

I got a PD25 as a gift and loved it, except for battery life, maybe 8 hours on one of the lower settings.

Got a E35, much brighter but the on off switch is hard to find in the dark.

Finally got a PD36 and it goes with me everywhere.

I can say a 3000 lumen flashlight is bright and hot, I usually run it at mid brightness to make the battery last longer. Worth a look in my opinion if you are a flashlight person.

Fenix

I just ordered a g2x, I’ve always had cheaper flashlights because the kids end up taking them and playing flashlight tag with them. This one will be strictly off limits for the kids (at least that’s how it’ll start…we all know how it ends).

I have the original Surefire 6P with the incandescent bulb housing. It was a gateway drug into collecting a shit ton more lights. The 6P style body you really can't mess up and the no-name Chinese brands come up with decent light bodies - Ultrafire, Solarforce, they're all fine. I prefer the silent forward clicky by Solarforce over Surefire's. Not difficult to make hard anodized aluminum tubes, threads and switches. Surefire seemed to lag behind the Chinese made ones in terms of the latest gen Cree XML LEDs in output and efficiency. Maybe they've caught up by now. If you insist on absolutely everything about the light being "American", get Surefire of course. The other lights are perfectly fine and comparable in quality at a fraction of the price.

I really have a flashlight problem. Fenix, Nitecore, FourSevens, Olight, Surefire, Streamlight, etc. It's really amazing how far lighting technology has come from the goofy ass C-battery plastic incandescent lights from the 80s and 90s.

I had a Streamlight Stylus Pro tail cap fail and they just sent me a completely new light, no questions asked. All get used pretty regularly without issue.

They definitely recorded my customer service call. I went full rant.. I don’t know if I even give them my ZIP Code. But my guess is going to be I’m gonna get all the parts I need

Anybody else take a look at Fenix flashlights? I consider them to be the same quality as surefire, with a better price.

Interesting feature, USB rechargeable batteries. Never had a battery that could be recharged with usb...it is a handy feature.

I got a PD25 as a gift and loved it, except for battery life, maybe 8 hours on one of the lower settings.

Got a E35, much brighter but the on off switch is hard to find in the dark.

Finally got a PD36 and it goes with me everywhere.

I can say a 3000 lumen flashlight is bright and hot, I usually run it at mid brightness to make the battery last longer. Worth a look in my opinion if you are a flashlight person.

Fenix
I looked at Fenix as well. I agree on the quality & price. I went with Surefire the moment I learned Fenix is made in China.

I honestly think Modlite makes better weapon lights, and I really like the Cloud Defensive ones as well. But Surefire certainly is up there with the best.
I love Modlites and have a pile of them. I have replaced the surefires scouts with modlites on all of my business-time rifles.

One caveat, I have been using a modlite handheld as a spot light for night-time trail finding for the past two years to supplement my headlamp (ps if you spend a lot of time in the mountains this is a lifesaver)--- In cold temperatures the rechargeable batteries (esp 18350) have really limited performance.
In sub 20F they take a dump really quickly. That being said, the throw is so effective there is nothing else that comes close in such a small package.

Some companies -assemble- flashlights in the US I believe there is not a single maker of flashlights (led) left in the States. For a light to be correctly labeled/advertised as -US made- all major components would have to be from the States-switches/led assembly/reflector/lenses/ and the entire body and head including any straps or lanyards and cases (?).

Back
Top Bottom