• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sure-Fire hearing protection.

I know somebody else posted in Off Topic regarding hearing protection recommendations and I posted a reply regarding this topic, but while researching for an answer for him(or her), I wondered if anyone here has tried this product.

It seems to be pretty slick(like all of their products) but how well do they work? Seems to me they are/can be "disposible" after a few uses. And $10 a unit ain't too shabby.

Anyhow............your thoughts.

P.S. I checked the search feature, and nothing that was helpful.(something about a "draft dodger"???)

I have been using the EP-3's for over a year and they are great. Very comfortable and they work indoor and outdoor with rifle and pistol. I have been to that it is recommended to replace them every six months, and at ten dollars that not a bad price.

-DM-

At under 20 NRR they're a bit on the low side (for me at least) but they
probably work great as a supplemental plug or with a set of electronic earmuffs.

-Mike

I am 70 year and must to use hearing aid. It is very handy. I can close it and need no more hearing protection. [thinking] [rofl] [thinking].

At under 20 NRR they're a bit on the low side (for me at least) but they
probably work great as a supplemental plug or with a set of electronic earmuffs.

-Mike

The ratings are very deceiving. I use them, I like them, and they are as good as my custom fit EAR plugs. The rating is for when the ear valves are open.

I've been using baffle style plugs for shooting trap and uncovered pistol range use for over a year now, and they are great. If you're on a covered range, indoors, or around people shooting centerfire rifle, they help, but are not good enough (IMO). The surefires seem to have a plug for the hole in the baffle, and I think that would solve the problem. I've found that if I just cover the baffle holes with my fingers, they work just as well as solid foam plugs. I might have to grab a pair of these to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom