• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supressors in Ma?

SnakeEye

Banned
As a musician, i like my hearing very much. Its bad enough that already work in a machine shop [shock], but shooting is just obscenely loud..so naturally im curious if supressors are legal in Ma, and if so what kind of hoops must i leap thru to obtain one (see avatar :) )
JC
thx [shock]

PS (oops should have probobly posted this is gun law)

I use earplugs and earmuffs together. It helps a lot. Not quite your answer, but I agree with the sentiment. My Dad is going deaf; it sucks. I don't want to get any deafer (my wife says I'm plenty deaf already).

Suppressors for the unwashed masses are forbidden in PRM!

Even suppressors for air guns are now under extra scrutiny by BATFE AND MA PDs. Many, according to BATFE are illegal and can lead to Fed Felony convictions.

As for hearing protection, check out another thread on that topic. I'll have something to add in that area sometime this weekend.

Common folks can NOT own suppressors in MA, not even with a "green card" (MG License).

Mfrs or LE Dealers are another story, but they are legally restricted to use them only for demo purposes. [wink]

Supressors

Manufacturers can get supressors for development pruposes; dealers for LE demo only.

A bid of a digression...

Many small town PDs in MA get innundated with offers for "full auto demos". A MG dealer who wishes to get a post-86 dealer sample may do so only after getting a "letterhead request" for a demo from a LE/MIL agency. Once the demo is done, the dealer can keep the MG as long as they keep their Class 3 FFL up2date and pay the $500/year SOT (special occupational tax) and comply with the applicable state laws. Unlike "pre 86" dealer sample, the dealer is not permitted to retain posession of the MG once their Class 3 FFL is no longer active.

Back
Top Bottom