• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

I’m just tired of the option of voting for the guy that stabs me in the gut rather than the heart and thanking him for it.

Assuming they win the house in November - big assumption based on election integrity.
I think there are quite a few low-quality Republican candidates, both for House and Senate. Look at the great race Oz is running.

Disbanding the FBI is like defunding the police.

Does the FBI need to be reformed? Oh Lord, yes indeed. But we do an agency to investigate crimes that cross state borders and that performs counter-espionage.
I think the rot has gone so deep there is no saving it.
Like a gangrenous leg there is only one option.

I think the rot has gone so deep there is no saving it.
Like a gangrenous leg there is only one option.
It will be as hard as reforming police -- i.e., really effing hard. But I don't see a choice. We need a law enforcement agency that can investigate crimes across state boundaries.

It will be as hard as reforming police -- i.e., really effing hard. But I don't see a choice. We need a law enforcement agency that can investigate crimes across state boundaries.
We do , but it's not the FBI in it's current form.
Start from scratch with an agency with a very , very limited scope of operations and insanely tight oversight.
Limit their operations to investigative only. Unarmed as well. No tanks , no machine guns , no snipers, nothing.
They have shown that whenever they bring out the toys , innocents die.
When they asked Lon Horiuchi if he would take the shot that killed an an unarmed woman holding an infant again, he didn't even blink before he answered yes.
They are the Democrat's Gestapo .
I don't see how you reform that .

Trump didn't do anything for 2A rights the first time. What makes you think he will enforce anything if he wins in 2024.
I believe that one of the things he said he would do that was on his list if he was elected was to make Constitutional Carry the law of the land. I think he claimed that other major events, such as Covid, took away his ability to focus on Constitutional Carry. I may be wrong, not the first time, definitely not the last. He did appoint three constitutional Supreme Court justices that have helped the 2A cause though.

We already have a group that can do that. It's the US Marshall's.

The US did fine for more than half its existence without the FBI. We can shitcan them and move on.

Nobody presently in federal govt is going to federalize NYNG to do what you say, of course you know this. I submitted all required forms over 6 weeks ago requesting a duplicate CCL w/o restrictions (I've had it over 30 years), thinking I could get it done prior to Hochul's new laws (active Sept. 1st) requiring training etc... Only requires a county judge's signature, and Crickets....
Welp, I spoke a day too soon. Do wonders never cease? Looks good except that the Constitution seems not to apply to NYC... I suspect these 'CONDITIONS' are a remnant of pre-NYSRPA v. Bruen, and will eventually be updated to something else (for better or worse). Thanks CatSnoutSoup for the encouragement.

20220824_permit.jpg

Disbanding the FBI is like defunding the police.

Does the FBI need to be reformed? Oh Lord, yes indeed. But we do an agency to investigate crimes that cross state borders and that performs counter-espionage.

I'd disband the FBI and give the work back to the US Marshals Service. You know, where federal law enforcement was performed originally. The FBI has been corrupt since the days of Hoover.

NYC forced to issue CCW permits. They're worried about being buried in lawsuits:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTJ0YoKJZpA

NYPD adopts new concealed carry permit license rule after Supreme Court ruling​

Two provisions make the New York Police Department concealed carry permit application process easier while several others include new requirements​

I think there are quite a few low-quality Republican candidates, both for House and Senate. Look at the great race Oz is running.

Yeah. People talk about liberals and how they'll endorse a pile of dog crap if it's got a D next to it. Then people endorse Oz here because "wuhhl, Drumpf likes him, so we gotta likes him!"

He's got a chance, but damn. I continue to worry that he's gonna implode somehow. He's his own worst enemy.

Yeah. People talk about liberals and how they'll endorse a pile of dog crap if it's got a D next to it. Then people endorse Oz here because "wuhhl, Drumpf likes him, so we gotta likes him!"

He's got a chance, but damn. I continue to worry that he's gonna implode somehow. He's his own worst enemy.

Democrats are mad Oz used a different word for vegetables, while their own candidate *is* a vegetable.

Even though he didn't directly fight for 2A rights, I should have remembered he did fill enough circuit courts and SCOTUS with conservative Judges to give us some help.
I argued against him and fought against him, but I will give him full credit (not personally, but for listening to whoever had his ear) for the best set of judicial appointments in my lifetime.

Democrats are mad Oz used a different word for vegetables, while their own candidate *is* a vegetable.

That's great. And when fence-sitters vote against him because he's out of touch and callous, somehow blame voting machines and such like people did 2 years ago.

He's still down anywhere from mid-single to double digits. The guy is his own worst enemy.

They're not mad. Oz stepped on his own dingus and the democrats are simply pointing at him and laughing.

There is a saying about Pennsylvania -- it's Pittsburgh on one side, Philadelphia on the other, and Pennsyltucky in the middle. Much of Pennsylvania is rural, blue collar, and economically depressed. I have a sister in Oil City and have spent a little time there. You start using the word "crudite" and the locals will either 1) not understand what you are saying or 2) understand what you are saying and think you are a pompous jerk.

Oz is not the kind of guy who can walk into a rundown shot-and-a-beer bar in Altoona and relate to the locals. Fetterman is wisely capitalizing on that weakness.

I argued against him and fought against him, but I will give him full credit (not personally, but for listening to whoever had his ear) for the best set of judicial appointments in my lifetime.
Trump gave us Bruen and the defeat of Wade vs Roe with his judicial appointments. Trump was NOT a Politician and erred by assuming the swamp rats would do their duty as American citizens. Trumps greatest victory was exposing the swamp creatures and lamestream media for what they are, biased Leftist operatives more concerned with protecting their namby, pamby jobs and influence than doing the right thing or reporting the truth.

Correct, Oz should have jumped on his mistake and taped another commercial making fun of himself and highlighting his opponents far Leftists views and his resume.

I'm a little perplexed at how long it has taken some NESers to realize that Oz is truly a dumbshit.

"This November, voters in Iowa will weigh in on a proposed state constitutional amendment that would make all gun regulations subject to strict scrutiny. The full text of the proposed amendment, which was approved by the state legislature in early 2021, is as follows (emphasis added):

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The sovereign state of Iowa affirms and recognizes this right to be a fundamental individual right. Any and all restrictions of this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny....

If Bruen’s test is indeed on par with, or tougher than, strict scrutiny, we can expect this fact to halt the recent spurt of strict-scrutiny constitutional amendments at the state level. Instead, we’re likely to see a broader shift where state courts increasingly use the Bruen test to evaluate challenges under state constitutional analogues to the Second Amendment, even in states without a strict rule that such analogous provisions are construed in tandem."

"This November, voters in Iowa will weigh in on a proposed state constitutional amendment that would make all gun regulations subject to strict scrutiny. The full text of the proposed amendment, which was approved by the state legislature in early 2021, is as follows (emphasis added):

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The sovereign state of Iowa affirms and recognizes this right to be a fundamental individual right. Any and all restrictions of this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny....

If Bruen’s test is indeed on par with, or tougher than, strict scrutiny, we can expect this fact to halt the recent spurt of strict-scrutiny constitutional amendments at the state level. Instead, we’re likely to see a broader shift where state courts increasingly use the Bruen test to evaluate challenges under state constitutional analogues to the Second Amendment, even in states without a strict rule that such analogous provisions are construed in tandem."
I'd rather see both - state level strict scrutiny amendments and Bruen get enforced as full THT scrutiny (stricter than strict)

I'm a little perplexed at how long it has taken some NESers to realize that Oz is truly a dumbshit.
I would not call him a dumbshit since he is a medical Dr. but he sure isn't a man of the people. That said Fetterman is a train wreck of a man and politician. I don't see how any informed voter could vote for him given his resume and medical history.

I would not call him a dumbshit since he is a medical Dr. but he sure isn't a man of the people. That said Fetterman is a train wreck of a man and politician. I don't see how any informed voter could vote for him given his resume and medical history.
I know a lot of PhD and MD who have zero common sense. I’d call all of them dumbshits.

Oz is a fraud and a liar on top of that.

he has the requisite qualifications, he has a "D" on the ballot

Back
Top Bottom