• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

secretary_part_3.png

The radio shack one got me

Has this been posted yet?

Seems Nadler is AOK telling everyone that his AWB is designed to specifically ignore the last THREE SC rulings on guns. I think that's awesome. Honestly, I think the speed at which we are getting to a truer 2A is shocking. I thought this might take years. The Democrat doubling-down on stupid is going to severely accelerate this process.

He made it very clear his intention is to subvert the rule of law and substitute it with tyranny .
That's right out of his own filthy mouth.

It's one of the very few things that is so clear in our laws.

We're our own worst enemy when we fail to point out what the 2A is for. It's for one reason. So the local population can quickly muster and kill bad people who need to die. That's really the only reason why it's a thing. Yet we don't dare say that due to optics and politics. Which is why things are the way they are.

Again, I agree. And some "rights" weren't recognized for 100 years or more in this country. People just ignored the actual words of the Constitution for centuries. Again - especially with gun rights. "Oh the states can restrict you all they want. That makes sense." What???

Hell, we didn't get Miranda until the. . . . 60's?

Look at Brown v. Board. 1954. When did the busing issue go away in mASS???? 1955? 1958? Let's try 1974 or so. LOL. TWENTY YEARS after, this liberal democrat state was STILL shirking Con-law.

I'm playing the long game. This isn't about me specifically. This is about creating an America that is closer to what the framers wanted.

Since we're ok attaching fees to rights how much should states tax to ensure troops/police aren't sheltered in ones home?

Imagine the income!

Oh I think that's on the horizon. Poll tax and all. It'll make licensing a bit interesting. And will have further implications. FCC fees and all of that. It could get mega-interesting.

Again, I agree. And some "rights" weren't recognized for 100 years or more in this country. People just ignored the actual words of the Constitution for centuries. Again - especially with gun rights. "Oh the states can restrict you all they want. That makes sense." What???

Hell, we didn't get Miranda until the. . . . 60's?

Look at Brown v. Board. 1954. When did the busing issue go away in mASS???? 1955? 1958? Let's try 1974 or so. LOL. TWENTY YEARS after, this liberal democrat state was STILL shirking Con-law.

I'm playing the long game. This isn't about me specifically. This is about creating an America that is closer to what the framers wanted.

Oh I think that's on the horizon. Poll tax and all. It'll make licensing a bit interesting. And will have further implications. FCC fees and all of that. It could get mega-interesting.
I don't know how much longer the 2A has in terms of being relevant.

Sounds corny, but sooner than later technology will replace people in dangerous jobs. Those jobs will include soldiers/police/etc. When that happens the "risk" for the bad guys shrinks a lot as they have literally no skin in the battle. And our weapons become less and less useful as we won't be able to kill the bad guys, just ruin their equipment.

The Terminator/Chappie/Elysium stuff will be here for sure in my kids lifetimes. And when that stuff starts to appear... the party for liberty is probably going to be over. And we better hope we live in a Star Trek utopia not a Elysium hell hole which if I had to guess is the more likely outcome.

We don't have the time. The time is now. And it's going to sunset sooner than we'd all prefer regardless of what we do now.

Hopefully I'll be dead before this shit shows up.

The radio shack one got me
1658930904409.png
Yeah - I'd always be at Radio Shack buying some electronic components when the clerk was spending a lot of time explaining to a customer that whatever they bought last week requires batteries to work, which just happen to be on sale, but the customer doesn't want batteries, they just want to return their thing that doesn't work....

In Heller, McDonald and Bruen, there were Historians' and Linguists' Amicus Briefs that were tragically comical in their attempts to make the RKBA a protection for militias, now nonextant, thus relegating the 2ndA to the Dead Letter box. Now the Historians and Linguists are back in the saddle, digging through versions/drafts, corpus linguistics analyses, etc., to find historical analogies for gun laws. I could make up any such an analogy for a gun law and I'm sure they could find it supported.

"In NYSRPA v. Bruen, the Court held that Second Amendment cases should turn on historical arguments and evidence, not balancing of legitimate state interests and private rights.

The question is whether the original versions or drafts of the Second Amendment are part of that history – not the whole history, but one part that deserves some attention. At the beginning of his discussion of the original version of the Second Amendment, Justice Scalia mentions, “It is always perilous to derive the meaning of an adopted provision from another provision deleted in the drafting process.” Scalia proceeds to do just that – discussing the deleted provision at length and construing it to support his idea that the Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms for self-defense.
"

I don't know how much longer the 2A has in terms of being relevant.

Sounds corny, but sooner than later technology will replace people in dangerous jobs. Those jobs will include soldiers/police/etc. When that happens the "risk" for the bad guys shrinks a lot as they have literally no skin in the battle. And our weapons become less and less useful as we won't be able to kill the bad guys, just ruin their equipment.

The Terminator/Chappie/Elysium stuff will be here for sure in my kids lifetimes. And when that stuff starts to appear... the party for liberty is probably going to be over. And we better hope we live in a Star Trek utopia not a Elysium hell hole which if I had to guess is the more likely outcome.

We don't have the time. The time is now. And it's going to sunset sooner than we'd all prefer regardless of what we do now.

Hopefully I'll be dead before this shit shows up.
Speaking only philosophically, of course, this seems to miss a bit. Obviously, robots will be used to take over dangerous tasks. They won't replace leadership (power-holding) roles, though.

In a theoretical revolution, part of the asymmetry lies in the fact that the ultimate targets eventually have to be those in power, not their drones. As technology advances, the tools for moving against them also advance, for a sufficiently dedicated opposition faction.

Speaking only philosophically, of course, this seems to miss a bit. Obviously, robots will be used to take over dangerous tasks. They won't replace leadership (power-holding) roles, though.
Never said they would be leaders. I said they would police and be soldiers.

AI out and about online like what Google is turning into is an entirely different nightmare scenario

Never said they would be leaders. I said they would police and be soldiers.

AI out and about online like what Google is turning into is an entirely different nightmare scenario
I agree. My point is that, because the people in power are still people, they're still subject to all the risks people are open to. In a future uprising, I'd expect the war to come to them faster than ever before.

I agree. My point is that, because the people in power are still people, they're still subject to all the risks people are open to. In a future uprising, I'd expect the war to come to them faster than ever before.
I hope so. Steps need to be taken asap to safeguard the people from this stuff. Its on the horizon

Thanks. Usually, I google something, and it isn't what was meant. This is especially true with acronyms.
Its not an amazing movie but it has a lot of interesting modern social commentary. From the rouge military industrial complex to the militarization of the police to raising gang/organized crime violence. All sorts of shit.

Has this been posted yet?

Seems Nadler is AOK telling everyone that his AWB is designed to specifically ignore the last THREE SC rulings on guns. I think that's awesome. Honestly, I think the speed at which we are getting to a truer 2A is shocking. I thought this might take years. The Democrat doubling-down on stupid is going to severely accelerate this process.

I saw that. I haven’t figured out whether Nadler is too stupid to realize that SCOTUS has already ruled 3 times on common use or whether he knows and doesn’t care. I’m betting that it’s the former.

An update on Salem - after a fair few attempts spanning a month trying to get an answer the firearms officer said he would run a background check and, pending that being fine, he would remove the restrictions.

An update on Salem - after a fair few attempts spanning a month trying to get an answer the firearms officer said he would run a background check and, pending that being fine, he would remove the restrictions.

How nice of him, but maybe he missed the memo that restrictions are no more and the background check has already been done.

How nice of him, but maybe he missed the memo that restrictions are no more and the background check has already been done.
I think he was just putting me through the process of any renewal I'd have, which would need a new check. As I am a green card holder that is waiting for conditions removal, my mass license is only a short term license and had renewed since my application for an LTC, so he had to ask me for a new copy of my mass diver's license before he was able to do it.

So, since restriction removal is automatic from the state, and not him; and the background check is already done, do you have your new license in hand yet? If not, tomorrow?

I saw that. I haven’t figured out whether Nadler is too stupid to realize that SCOTUS has already ruled 3 times on common use or whether he knows and doesn’t care. I’m betting that it’s the former.
No, he knows it. He is so arrogant, he thinks WE are too stupid to notice HIS stupidity, or what is going on. He will soon be caught with his pants down.

Back
Top Bottom