Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

Makes you wonder if the door to door confiscations will be sped up after a Black Swan event....
I'm only saying this because the Left never surrenders and always pivots when they realize they're on a losing course. If they can't use legislative and judicial means to slowly destroy the 2nd Amendment, then they'll use force (after some major event) to take the guns and it will be done quickly.

Short of a few people and the MSM, no one cares. (about) Twitter
Go up and do a search of "this thread only" and put in twitter. Or do an advanced search and put in for the past 7 days and twitter.

I think you will be finding "no one cares" is incorrect; and that is just here.

The battle of mindshare is being won on social media. You don't have to like it, but it is true.

I just came so hard.

He's already quadrupled the number of ccw licensees in LA County....and he's a dem....but they're trying to recall him because he won't agree to stop arresting criminals. The retard voters in LA want a sheriff just like Gascon.

Hows this? The district court judge roger benetiz ruled the AWB was unconstitutional. The 3 judge panel who issued the stay is a Clinton judge, Obama and trump. If the lift the stay you’ll get instant gratification.

View: https://twitter.com/gunpolicy/status/1542619898844676097?s=20&t=JNWYbU7ld_JTujBxPtuJcg

I'm only saying this because the Left never surrenders and always pivots when they realize they're on a losing course. If they can't use legislative and judicial means to slowly destroy the 2nd Amendment, then they'll use force (after some major event) to take the guns and it will be done quickly.

Doubtful. I can think of no practical way for American LE forces to effectively search every room of every home and find every firearm. There are just too many homes, too many guns, and not enough LEOs (even with the ARNG). Add in some opposition, and the whole thing becomes a nightmare that no LEO will be eager to pursue, especially day after day for months.

But if it does happen, and it is "done quickly," then that's on us. Whenever confiscation happens, if it does, then it's incumbent on gun owners to make the process as deadly and lengthy as possible for the JBTs.

Hows this? The district court judge roger benetiz ruled the AWB was unconstitutional. The 3 judge panel who issued the stay is a Clinton judge, Obama and trump. If they lift the stay you’ll get instant gratification.
So what does it take to get from Point A to Point B? What is the process, and by who?
One year? Two years? That's a BIG if.

There’s no pending case but they can re file.
In the name of heaven re-file. No more edicts from horse face.
What was the original case that they would "re-file"?

Doubtful. I can think of no practical way for American LE forces to effectively search every room of every home and find every firearm. There are just too many homes, too many guns, and not enough LEOs (even with the ARNG). Add in some opposition, and the whole thing becomes a nightmare that no LEO will be eager to pursue, especially day after day for months.

But if it does happen, and it is "done quickly," then that's on us. Whenever confiscation happens, if it does, then it's incumbent on gun owners to make the process as deadly and lengthy as possible for the JBTs.

This. This x1000. No point in being a blowhard about things. That’s the beauty of a god given right. I don’t really worry about new gun laws or confiscations because I simply will not comply. The firearms we possess give us the agency to be swift and effective in that pursuit.

I just heard from “Q” The Supreme Court rulings are coming out Friday

Looks like I got bad info from “Q”

I’m not surprised the Supreme Court kick it back to the lower courts. That is how the process is supposed to work. I somehow doubt there a new guidance is going to change much though it’s gonna work its way back to the top. There’s no longer a two-step process it as far as ruling based on the original intent of historical precedent these lower courts are just going to use the same “logic” they have been using.

So what does it take to get from Point A to Point B? What is the process, and by who?
One year? Two years? That's a BIG if.

What was the original case that they would "re-file"?

That 9th panel can lift the stay immediately

The Massachusetts case from Comm2A was worman v Healy. It’s dead, it was appealed to SCOTUS a few years ago and denied. They’d need to file a new case.

The Massachusetts case from Comm2A was worman v Healy. It’s dead, it was appealed to SCOTUS a few years ago and denied. They’d need to file a new case.

I read this as "woman v Healy," and assumed it had hinged around a dispute where Healy assumed she was hitting on a lesbian and ended up being mistaken.

That 9th panel can lift the stay immediately

At least one party to Worman v Healey no longer has standing after moving to a free state.

(I love it up here by the way.)

Looks like I got bad info from “Q”

I’m not surprised the Supreme Court kick it back to the lower courts. That is how the process is supposed to work. I somehow doubt there a new guidance is going to change much though it’s gonna work its way back to the top. There’s no longer a two-step process it as far as ruling based on the original intent of historical precedent these lower courts are just going to use the same “logic” they have been using.
It's more than that. They vacated the circuit court ruling upholding the MD AW ban and sent it back to be reconsidered using Bruen as a guide. They vacated the circuit court ruling upholding the NJ 10 round limit and sent it back to be reconsidered, again with Bruen as a guide. These are non-trivial. It may take time, but these are effectively the USSC stating that Bruen is more extensive than the licensing decision.

1656637006677.png

1656636875485.png

1656636985385.png

It's more than that. They vacated the circuit court ruling upholding the MD AW ban and sent it back to be reconsidered using Bruen as a guide. They vacated the circuit court ruling upholding the NJ 10 round limit and sent it back to be reconsidered, again with Bruen as a guide. These are non-trivial. It may take time, but these are effectively the USSC stating that Bruen is more extensive than the licensing decision.

View attachment 632394

View attachment 632391

View attachment 632392
Thank you… I didn’t get to do as much research as I usually do. Too busy reading my own court documents

Edit… I don’t know why I have to read this shit I thought I’d pay people to do it.

Thank you… I didn’t get to do as much research as I usually do. Too busy reading my own court documents

Edit… I don’t know why I have to read this shit I thought I’d pay people to do it.

Check previous posts, these cases were covered earlier today. The cases revert back to the circuit panel who heard them, many of those panels will be favorable

Post in thread 'Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread'
Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

As for the Bonta case from California, this is how strategic lawyers lawyer strategically:

Go up and do a search of "this thread only" and put in twitter. Or do an advanced search and put in for the past 7 days and twitter.

I think you will be finding "no one cares" is incorrect; and that is just here.

The battle of mindshare is being won on social media. You don't have to like it, but it is true.
I would say the battle is more for Narrative Control.

One thing that gets overlooked out here in CA is the castle doctrine too. You plug a home invader and the cops just come collect the body.

vs MA where a security guard shoots a guy in the process of stabbing a doctor to death at a hospital and he gets dragged thru the legal system for 2 years.

I predict a sharp decline in crime in LA over the next handful of years.
Not saying shooting a home invader in MA would get a different treatment than the security guy got (although MA has castle doctrine for when in your home) but, you can’t compare a home invasion with a shooting that happened at the workplace.
Defending against a home invasion is seen more favorably in most states vs defending someone in public at work.
Having said that - it’s disgusting what MA did to that security guard after he saved a life.

Not saying shooting a home invader in MA would get a different treatment than the security guy got (although MA has castle doctrine for when in your home) but, you can’t compare a home invasion with a shooting that happened at the workplace.
Defending against a home invasion is seen more favorably in most states vs defending someone in public at work.
Having said that - it’s disgusting what MA did to that security guard after he saved a life.
He wasn’t working there as a security guard. If he had been, even in MA, the case would have been very clear-cut.

He was just a bystander, a patient at a different clinic down the hall. Absolutely sucks what they did to him, but I wasn’t too surprised.

He wasn’t working there as a security guard. If he had been, even in MA, the case would have been very clear-cut.

He was just a bystander, a patient at a different clinic down the hall. Absolutely sucks what they did to him, but I wasn’t too surprised.
Didn’t know that - that makes it even less comparable to a home invasion.

As for the Bonta case from California, this is how strategic lawyers lawyer strategically:

If you want to see how Bruen will be used to destroy commie faggot courts' that want to play games with our rights, read the motion above.

Why is it called black swan, and do you have two or three examples? Thanks.
Sorry, I did not know much about it before this. I just did a quick "google" on it. Let us know what you find.

So there won't be a "re-file". Thanks. How does that change anything? Now they need to find a new case?

I would say the battle is more for Narrative Control.
That too.

Who said it would be US LEO or NatGuard or military? Plenty of "peacekeepers" that can be deployed here, especially those of a Mandarin persuasion...

Back
Top Bottom