• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Supreme Court - NYSRPA v. Bruen - Megathread

(FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY)
New York's "New Application Instructions":

1656046042084.png

Notice #2 has not yet been brought up to speed. It doesn't even have a footnote yet!

Bocian is the white stork on your avatar
It's not a stork, it's a pelican. In medieval times it was believed that pelicans would wound themselves to nourish their young.

St. Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274) used this imagery in his beautiful Eucharistic hymn Adoro Te Devote to symbolize Our Lord's sacrifice for us and our sins by dying on the Cross.

It's also a good symbol for us, as men and head of our household, that we would spill our blood to protect our families.

O soft, self-wounding Pelican!
Whose breast
weeps balm for wounded
man:
Ah, this way bend Thy benign flood
To
a bleeding
heart that
gasps for blood.
That
blood, whose least drops sovereign be
To
wash my world of sins from me.

Another translation (with the original Latin):

Pie pellicane, Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo sanguine; cuius una stilla salvum facere totum mundum quit ab omni scelere.Deign, O Jesus, Pelican of heaven, me, a sinner, in Thy Blood to lave, to a single drop of which is given all the world from all its sin to save.

The liberal press had six months to write and revise their screeds denouncing a favorable SCOTUS decision. Some are very well researched and written, relying heavily on the losing side’s amicus briefs. Others are just reworked “blood in the streets” ramblings - the Northeast will apparently be the new Wild West.

It's not a stork, it's a pelican. In medieval times it was believed that pelicans would wound themselves to nourish their young.

St. Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274) used this imagery in his beautiful Eucharistic hymn Adoro Te Devote to symbolize Our Lord's sacrifice for us and our sins by dying on the Cross.

It's also a good symbol for us, as men and head of our household, that we would spill our blood to protect our families.

O soft, self-wounding Pelican!
Whose breast
weeps balm for wounded
man:
Ah, this way bend Thy benign flood
To
a bleeding
heart that
gasps for blood.
That
blood, whose least drops sovereign be
To
wash my world of sins from me.

Another translation (with the original Latin):

Pie pellicane, Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo sanguine; cuius una stilla salvum facere totum mundum quit ab omni scelere.Deign, O Jesus, Pelican of heaven, me, a sinner, in Thy Blood to lave, to a single drop of which is given all the world from all its sin to save.
Amazing!

The liberal press had six months to write and revise their screeds denouncing a favorable SCOTUS decision. Some are very well researched and written, relying heavily on the losing side’s amicus briefs. Others are just reworked “blood in the streets” ramblings - the Northeast will apparently be the new Wild West.
The wild west would be an improvement over leftist blue state tyranny.

The wild west would be an improvement over leftist blue state tyranny.

The wild west argument is such bullshit. Even the actual wild west wasn't the f***ing wild west.

The whole argument is a giant red herring and should be treated as such. No such bloodbath will occur, because there's nothing to actually stop it from happening before this ruling and it only ever happened in democrat-controlled shitholes like Chicago. So where's the real wild f***ing west?

I remember my Heller boner like it was yesterday. Today's Bruen boner is immeasurably more bonery.
Heller, McDonald, Bruen, all new foundations in further codifying the Second Amendment as an unalienable right vs a suggestion. Left to clarify, clearly indicated and supported in Bruen that it doesn't only apply to muskets, so semi-auto rifles, regardless of the color of their skin, in common use with standard magazines are likely next. This is why the Commie Demonrats want to pack the court so they can completely dismantle the Constitution and take away all of our rights by pointing to the stacked Kangaroo court and saying, "See it is all legal, now shut up and get to work peasants, my lake house needs a lot of work done to it so I can enjoy the fruits of your labors".

As a whole, New York City has a population density of over 28,000 people per square mile.

Why the f*** would you live there?
Well the grand scheme of the Commies is to move everyone into high density city areas, eliminate single family housing, and get everyone on electricity. Then you have a population that is much more easily controlled by the limited number of thugs they would get to control you, and they would be in control of everything going into the city including power. Then they get to tax everyone to death, it kills Democrats that they can't get all of the tax collections from suburbs who make their own decisions about how their towns work. Total absolute control. Why do you think they want to destroy the oil industry so badly? Make energy so expensive you have to sell your house and move to where the service jobs are in the prison city and have to use "public" transportation, which they also own. Manufacturing jobs are too dispersed for total control so those have to go as well.

The wild west argument is such bullshit. Even the actual wild west wasn't the f***ing wild west.

The whole argument is a giant red herring and should be treated as such. No such bloodbath will occur, because there's nothing to actually stop it from happening before this ruling and it only ever happened in democrat-controlled shitholes like Chicago. So where's the real wild f***ing west?
Agree, I pointed this out a few pages back.

Every politician who has used that cliché in their talking points has been proven wrong. It has never happened anywhere, even in cities and states that had far less restrictive gun laws to begin with.
The Louisville, Kentucky mayor was espousing that same line of BS when constitutional carry was passed here in Kentucky, and we were already a "shall issue" state for concealed carry.
The same people are still doing the same killings for the same reasons.....drugs, gangs and robberies and it is the same situation in every commie democrat run shithole city in the country and will remain so.

No your NH permit would not be valid in MA. The decision wasn't about reciprocity.
No, but it aught to mean that non-res licenses are shall issue now. If that were to become the case, I would go get my PR License for the first time since we went CC and get my MA license so when my family makes me go down there I can at least legally carry.

State Rep. David Linksy, a Democrat who has advocated for gun control measures, said he is still examining the ruling but is deeply concerned about its potential effect on police chiefs’ ability to screw people out of constitutional rights at personal whim.
“The end result is there will be an increase in gun violence,” he said. “There will be people killed, there will be people injured, and we will all be less safe.”

what a repugnant POS
I fixed it for him.

No, but it aught to mean that non-res licenses are shall issue now. If that were to become the case, I would go get my PR License for the first time since we went CC and get my MA license so when my family makes me go down there I can at least legally carry.

Except the wait times are about 5-6 months and they urge you to submit renewal 3 months prior. Crazy. One thing that seems clear from Bruen is that the court probably would uphold a basic, objective licensing scheme and would not require states to have constitutional carry. So the next battles will be over processing times and fees. Fees also invoke the 14A issue as discussed above.

No your NH permit would not be valid in MA. The decision wasn't about reciprocity.

As noted, there is a lot to sort out as a result of this decision. The decision is not specifically about reciprocity. However, it is about equal protection and one-step interpretation of a constitutional right. There could be far-reaching implications - or not...

Except the wait times are about 5-6 months and they urge you to submit renewal 3 months prior. Crazy. One thing that seems clear from Bruen is that the court probably would uphold a basic, objective licensing scheme and would not require states to have constitutional carry. So the next battles will be over processing times and fees. Fees also invoke the 14A issue as discussed above.
Based on the commentary, I'm not sure it's clear they wouldn't find against licensing altogether. I agree that fees and delays are the next obvious place to attack.

Back
Top Bottom