Supreme Court decides not to hear big gun-rights cases, dealing blow to Second Amendment activists

Every time those in our government write a law contrary to our 2nd amendment right.
It was a direct result of an incident were a firearm was used in a wrongful way or they wanted to prohibit a certain ethnic or economic group from having them.

Those in law enforcement (both federal and state) were the ones pushing the politicians to do something in order to try to protect their own personal safety on the job.
Now the politicians use it as a way to garnish votes from the people that they used the media to brainwash into thinking it was all for their own safety!

Our politicians look down on our people and treat our rights like something a child can't handle.

After the Watts riots, instead of empowering the good citizens and acknowledging their right to protect life and property.
They instead wrote more laws further infringing on their rights.

The irony is how the feds and state look at the use of force in relation to their lives and government property.

Your average American is a second class citizen with less rights, than those in law enforcement or the state/federal government.
Which is exactly what the founders of this nation meant to avoid when they wrote our constitution.
The people were always intended to have the power over government. Not the other way around!

Those in our government since the early days, believed that they were the ones that granted the citizens a right and not our constitution.
They are the tyrants and ones going against the very foundation that is, America "land of the free".
Free for the elitist politicians and wealthy that buy their freedoms, while everyone else has to beg.

Safety for the elite, over the safety of our entire civilian population!

The rich hire armed guards to protect their property and businesses.

While the poor are arrested for having no other choice, but to do it for themselves.

Our constitution was originally written to ensure those very same rights to everyone.

But all of our highly educated constitutional lawyers are so blind they can not see, what we, the uneducated serfs have known all along!
If those in government believe our constitution is irrelevant, than is our own government not the same.

Last edited:
The Volokh Conspiracy:
Twelve Years After Heller
Soon enough, it became clear that Justice Breyer's dissent was the shadow majority opinion. Lower-court judges of all stripes would defer to all manner of gun control laws. By that point, even conservative Judges like Frank Easterbrook began to review gun laws with deferential balancing tests. The future did not look promising.
And so it continues. Twelve years after Heller, we are in the exact same place. The government cannot ban the possession of handguns in the home, but all other gun control laws are reasonable. Keep in mind that only D.C. and Chicago banned handguns outright. Those rulings effected only those two laws. That's it! I am sympathetic to Robby George's post, which analogized the judicial conservatives on the Court to the Washington Generals.
I am convinced the only way to change the Second Amendment status quo is for the Fifth Circuit, now at full strength, to give the Chief Justices a petition they have to grant. I would much rather lose a 5-4 decision, or 6-3, and know where the Justices stand, than to keep showing up in a fixed match to the Globetrotters.

The ‘government’ as a collective would try - but when SWAT guy A & B are chatting and B’s head turns inside out, A is going to start re-evaluating his life choices.

Exactly. If it should ever come to armed resistance, it will not look like direct confrontation with government agents/forces. The government cannot enforce its edicts from behind the walls of a base. Gov enforcers must venture out in the open which requires supplies and support. The history of guerilla warfare lists many successes and for good reason.

Without A-Z fully onboard, the ‘government’ doesn’t mean a lot.
Biden is going to pick Hillary Guaranteed

Wrong. Whoever was "handling" Biden at the time would make sure a bright, committed progressive in her 40's was nominated to the bench. If Biden were to win, does anyone expect him to serve very long? If he won, I expect in short order to see his cabinet, shocked to learn of his sudden-onset dementia, invoking the 25th Amendment and removing him from office.

This is considered "Roberts" court. He is incredibly sensitive to the appearance of politicization of the court, which is why many think in some instances he has sided with the left wing on certain cases. I think it is wrong and by him trying to do this, rather than adhering to an objective interpretation of the law, he IS politicizing the court.

There is absolutely no excuse for the court not to hear these 2A cases. None. Your assessment is a good one and may very well be true. I think the reality is that this comes down to Roberts and his ego.

He doesn't want that legacy on HIS watch, but its already too late.

But once RBG is gone and Trump appoints another judge, these games will be over.

Just look at this latest landmark ruling which completely gives the court the ability to adapt and change the interpretation of EXISTING LAW.

If protections for trans people were really that important, then the law itself would be changed/modernized by Congress, but in this case, the court too it upon itself to legislate.

Go read the dissents in that case to see how f***ed up the court already is on this stuff.

So by your #2 argument, one could make the same argument about this liberal cause. If the court can pull this shit on the eve of the election, then why can't it hear a clean cut 2A case on the issue of suitability?
Firstly, I can think of no reasons why Congress hasn't altered the law to include LGBT people from being discriminated against by employers. You would think this would have been done 20 years ago, but no. Congress is too busy finding ways to take people's money and juggle pleasing their campaign donors every two years.

That issue aside, the ruling was an abomination and Gorsuch made no sense in the opinion on the ruling trying to defend it. It's indefensible and it's another instance where the court has overstepped its bounds and legislated from the bench, just like they did last year or two yrs ago when they said that sales taxes must now be applied to online sales when that is Congress's authority.

I'm starting to see the bigger picture here in that we have a Congress that is corrupted to the core that wants nothing to do with actually passing or debating laws and instead virtue signals to their base with passing bills they know won't pass in the Senate because they don't have the majority and it's all a play because being able to perpetually promise people change when you get in power, then fail to do that and wait for the other side to take power means that you will always have a voting block of people to support you. For Republicans it's gun owners and Christians when it comes to the 2nd Amendment and abortion, for Democrats it's Blacks, other minorities, and LGBT.

SCOTUS, seeing that Congress is totally broken and cannot be relied upon other than to keep the President from going crazy and dropping bombs on other countries willy-nilly, takes it upon themselves to do the work for them and we get rulings like we got this week.

On guns tho, there's little Congress can do to get states on board with not violating the 2nd Amendment and the Heller decision, but Roberts is such a slimy creature nobody trusts him. The left side of the court doesn't want to overturn any lower courts decisions because they're largely anti-2A decisions, while the right side doesn't want to see how Roberts can say that the right to own a gun is an individual right, yet magazine capacities or AWB rules is not such a right because you can bet that's how Roberts would rule given he wants to move to the left on every ruling now.

All of it is just adding more chapters to the book that the Roberts court was one of the most self conscious ones in history about its own posterity.

I really wish Chris Wallace would get Roberts on his Sunday talk show and rip his a**h*** open wide enough so that Roberts can pull his head out of it, cuz it's apparently been stuck in his anus since 2011.

What do I do with this? Report Healy? The state of Massachusetts? Kind if sarcastic, kind of serious.
Should we all be filing reports? Well, at least us ma**h***s...
Reported Healey for civil rights violation.
everyone here should report her for being a dictator

THIS SHOULD GO VIRAL!!!!!

They got Randy Weaver's guns, also Lavoy Finnicum's guns.
Well, that is 2 people. They (who?) can't get them all.

That's it folks... we're officially f***ed! [angry]

The Supreme Court on Monday said it will not hear appeals of a slew of cases involving gun laws, dealing a blow to Second Amendment activists who seek to expand the rights of gun owners.

In an order released Monday morning, the court denied petitions for appeals of 10 cases.

The action comes just weeks after the justices declined to issue a substantive opinion in its first Second Amendment case in nearly a decade. In that case, over a since-repealed New York City handgun regulation, the court said the controversy was no longer active because the measure had been amended by the city.

But several of the court's conservatives, Justices Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas, wrote that they would still have sided with the gun owners challenging the law.

Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who sided with the majority in the case, urged his colleagues to take another Second Amendment case "soon."

Supreme Court again declines to take up Second Amendment cases

The Supreme Court declined on Monday to take up several cases regarding the scope of the Second Amendment.
Despite a low hurdle for the right-leaning Supreme Court, the justices turned down petitions from 10 challenges to state laws established to limit the availability and accessibility of some firearms and when they can be carried in public.
It's been over a decade since 2008's landmark 5-4 ruling in District of Columbia v Heller that held the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms at home for self-defense. Except for a follow-up decision two years later, the court has not weighed in on Second Amendment rights significantly again.
In April, the court also declined to weigh in on the issue.
Five of the 10 cases the court declined to look at asked the justices to determine whether the Second Amendment allows the government to restrict the ability of citizens to carry a firearm outside the home to those with "good cause" or "justifiable need" to do so. Two of the cases were high-profile challenges to state laws involving bans on certain semiautomatic firearms and high capacity magazines, one from Illinois and one from Massachusetts. The remaining three cases had a narrower scope, but none of the 10 will be argued before the justices.

This is obviously catastrophically bad but think about it...Dimples Notice falls back to the lower courts Decision right??... that judge said she hasn’t arrested anybody yet so no blood no foul. That keeps us in our current stalemate. Sux, but could be worse. I doubt she is stupid enough to arrest anybody and put it to the real test...But even rainbows can be deceiving 😉

This is obviously catastrophically bad but think about it...Dimples Notice falls back to the lower courts Decision right??... that judge said she hasn’t arrested anybody yet so no blood no foul. That keeps us in our current stalemate. Sux, but could be worse. I doubt she is stupid enough to arrest anybody and put it to the real test...But even rainbows can be deceiving 😉

That case had nothing to do with the BS notice, it was a straight AWB case.

Like I’ve been saying fellas - I stopped giving so much as a rats-ass about the courts long ago. The reality is these idiots burning down neighborhoods and looting stores have won more concessions in a couple weeks than we have won back in courts in the past 20 years.

Are we going to keep following the rules or are we going to ignore their BS and willingly not comply?

Maybe our next trip to Boston we try another method than standing and holding signs / our method doesn’t seem to work - theirs does.
You are correct, THEY are winning because they know the courts will side with them even when they get arrested. THEY can mobilize thousands to march, burn and protest and WE sit here and bitch and moan. The problem is THEY have nothing to lose and WE have everything to lose.

"These guys have a chance to set the record straight for several decades, but they are a bunch of b*tches."
Roberts is deathly afraid of being demonized by the DC swamp creatures. The leftists bureaucrats control DC and the govt. which the election of Trump has threatened.

It’s not looking good for November folks. I’m not talking about any polls or otherwise. Every system is vociferously against Trump’s re-election. The optics are looking very very bad.

Yeah, but it seems a little to obvious tho. And I hear that from normally indifferent, a political folks.

It’s not looking good for November folks. I’m not talking about any polls or otherwise. Every system is vociferously against Trump’s re-election. The optics are looking very very bad.

Even if Trump wins, the odds of a Civil War keep increasing each day between insubordinate civil servants, insurrectionists supported by corporations, media, and academia, and the rule of law rapidly deteriorating. Looking more and more like Argentina each day.

Even if Trump wins, the odds of a Civil War keep increasing each day between insubordinate civil servants, insurrectionists supported by corporations, media, and academia, and the rule of law rapidly deteriorating. Looking more and more like Argentina each day.

Months ago we planned for the wife and kids to stay with family in the hills of Tennessee during the election. Events of the past two weeks have proven how far the Soft Civil War has progressed; things we expected eventually but not this soon. Contacted our realtor today and we aim be permanently relocated to rural Tennessee by November.

Make your contingency plans now.

If he loses imho the go time clock goes to double speed unless Congress gets swept red or something with non shitty people....

I have been hearing and feeling the same way.

I hope it’s just me being a bit pessimistic.

Part of this is being in Massachusetts. No matter how we vote this state will go for Biden. To be fair Trump doesn’t do himself any favors with the tweets. The silent majority will have to really turn out for him to be re-elected.

If he loses imho the go time clock goes to double speed unless Congress gets swept red or something with non shitty people....

That’s the real concern. If the “D’s” control the oval, the house, and the senate all bets are off.

Bob

Trump will win. Or call the whole thing off. But yeah Trump winning, or losing, will not bring peace. I hope he calls off the election that'll wind everyone up to 11. I'm OK with a Trump monarchy, better to have noblesse oblige than noblese malice which is what we get with our current system.

Back
Top Bottom