Supreme court case against MA on guns

Yup. But I do like them at ranges with other people so everyone can visually verify each other from a distance when going down range.
Yeah. I used them back when I competed in Service Rifle. They were required, IIRC. Since you can’t holster a rifle and the range officer can’t walk the line and inspect each competitor’s rifle, chamber flags make sense in that situation. But for transporting my guns from home to the range? I don’t see the point.

Exactly why I have them. If they're flagged before I leave the house, they're flagged when I get to the range
When I get to the range, I open my case, pick up the gun, finger off the trigger, point in a safe direction, and check the chamber. Same when I get home. I do that every single time I pick up a gun. No exceptions.

I’m not saying chamber flags are a bad thing, just that I don’t see the need outside of a few situations (like competitions).

Most of my shooting is in a competitive rifle setting, so I always use a flag. Pistols are a different vibe, I agree.

Helps when you call a cease fire and can observe conditions.

Have you ever had to tell a guy to take his mag out, flip rifle over and lock the bolt back when the range is going cold? Some people need more training, or just more common sense.

Overheard at the range once: I don’t use chamber flags because I know when the gun is loaded.

Ok…
I mean I don't use chamber flags for the same reason, a gun is *always* loaded, problem solved.

But I get your point, in public it's more friendly to have flags.

I don't use a chamber flag either. First thing I do when picking up a firearm is pull the trigger* to verify if it is loaded or unloaded... It's the only real way to know...

* Don't try this at home kids, I'm a Professional... [rofl]

Last edited:
I presume the SC suggested as such?

SCOTUS will remand to the prior court, that prior court a circuit panel or en banc panel will decide to rehear it or remand. Often the en banc or circuit panel will remand to the district court to rehear because the facts and arguments in the original district hearing were based on the 2 step interest balancing test, not text/history.

Appeals courts review cases and look for legal error etc more so than fact find.

Now there are so many lawsuits related to weapons by the army, and with the abuse of authority by government officials, it becomes scary. I understand that the rules that society established many years ago are already outdated, and the current law system requires new names and revisions. Now the information about how to protect yourself from sexual assault or who will get the right to bear arms is too relevant, and I think this tells us about the societal problems that need to be solved right now.

Last edited:
This was 2 weeks ago. Where is this at now?

I don’t believe there is any movement since. Courts are no a sprint, cases take time. Also, some judges in the same circuit may hear nearly identical cases and proceed at very different paces. There are two AWB cases in CA, one with an Obama district court judge and one with a bush judge (benetiz) and the Miller case with benetiz is moving at a FAR quicker pace. The Miller case will probably be decided in late December or early January while the other case is at a very early stage and the judge is moving at a glacial pace.

I don’t believe there is any movement since. Courts are no a sprint, cases take time. Also, some judges in the same circuit may hear nearly identical cases and proceed at very different paces. There are two AWB cases in CA, one with an Obama district court judge and one with a bush judge (benetiz) and the Miller case with benetiz is moving at a FAR quicker pace. The Miller case will probably be decided in late December or early January while the other case is at a very early stage and the judge is moving at a glacial pace.
Still nothing:

Still nothing:
Holding pattern.

Both Sides agreed that he will get a permit to purchase.

FRB needs to approve it.

When the system is compelled to do something for you, they move at a glacial pace.

When the system moves against you, they move at avalanche speed.

Back
Top Bottom